Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paramus NJ roof collapse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in a Mid-Atlantic forum, but I think all should see:

Praise for the staff at Paramus!!!
I was scheduled for delivery Sep 2 at 11 AM. We left early form over 60 miles away for fear of flood/traffic problems. The text warning us not to come was too late for our early arrival. When we arrived at 10 it was chaos, but Dave came over to us and explained what happened and that he would verify our car was OK at the offsite lot and that he would make sure that the car would be delivered to us ASAP. We couldn't pick up because the paperwork and temp tags were in the building and the FD was preventing entry until safety assured. Dave and the rest of the delivery crew are spending their holiday weekend delivering cars all over Northern NJ. We got our car Saturday with a very courteous delivery (outside of their normal delivery distance).
Thank you Dave.

A bit more information: They would have delivered the car on Friday Sep 3, but AT&T cell service was down in my area, In the late afternoon, I discovered the outage, put my phone on wifi, texted Dave and he immediately called me and scheduled his Saturday delivery.

The whole experience was an example of rare super-courtesy by a business and its employees.

My original 9/4(Saturday) delivery moved to Springfield location per the text I received on Thursday while "no effect to delivery schedule". I call to confirm on Friday as a precaution to Springfield and I am asked to reach out through email only to delivery team at Paramus. Its radio silence from my SA and 2 emails to confirm delivery appointment were never responded. I receive an email response on 9/4 morning (10:30ish am) that wait for delivery "team to shortly reach out for confirming timeframe of pickup" and on my dashboard the scheduled pickup is gone. I have yet to receive any communication around it.

There is lack of communication between SA, delivery team at Paramus and at the Springfield from the varying information I received regarding my pickup appointment. I am being patient but it does not help that my friend got his home delivered on 9/3 and few others I know reported too. Its really a luck of the straw to get decent customer service. I should not have to chase down for information and pivot my plans last minute.

I am glad you had a better experience OP. How is the car? Did you check for any flooding, gaps etc.

Last edited:
perhaps partial reopening, perhaps confusion....

apolo
a friend of mine had an edd of 9/17 - 9/24 at paramus

on fri, 9/3, he got a msg saying the delivery is moved to sprinfiel

today, early pm, he got a msg that delivery is moved back to paramus, with an
gy for the confusion.

I posted this in a Mid-Atlantic forum, but I think all should see:

Praise for the staff at Paramus!!!
I was scheduled for delivery Sep 2 at 11 AM. We left early form over 60 miles away for fear of flood/traffic problems. The text warning us not to come was too late for our early arrival. When we arrived at 10 it was chaos, but Dave came over to us and explained what happened and that he would verify our car was OK at the offsite lot and that he would make sure that the car would be delivered to us ASAP. We couldn't pick up because the paperwork and temp tags were in the building and the FD was preventing entry until safety assured. Dave and the rest of the delivery crew are spending their holiday weekend delivering cars all over Northern NJ. We got our car Saturday with a very courteous delivery (outside of their normal delivery distance).
Thank you Dave.

A bit more information: They would have delivered the car on Friday Sep 3, but AT&T cell service was down in my area, In the late afternoon, I discovered the outage, put my phone on wifi, texted Dave and he immediately called me and scheduled his Saturday delivery.

The whole experience was an example of rare super-courtesy by a business and its employees.
My delivery has been rescheduled twice and now they are saying that basically they let me know something by the 12th.... I’m pretty sure my car got flooded which is a shame because I could’ve literally used the entire week to figure out what I’m gonna do. Instead I have to wait for them to basically let me know what happened at their leisure... look, I understand that the roof got ripped off and all that but why does it take a week to let someone know a car got flooded? It’s actually my Tesla #2 and I kinda need a second car to transport my sick child but now I gotta wait a whole week to hear something

My delivery has been rescheduled twice and now they are saying that basically they let me know something by the 12th.... I’m pretty sure my car got flooded which is a shame because I could’ve literally used the entire week to figure out what I’m gonna do. Instead I have to wait for them to basically let me know what happened at their leisure... look, I understand that the roof got ripped off and all that but why does it take a week to let someone know a car got flooded? It’s actually my Tesla #2 and I kinda need a second car to transport my sick child but now I gotta wait a whole week to hear something
what time was your original delivery appt?

I was just there.
The roof collapsed (I think entire roof) and the pressure blew out the front showroom window by Route 17.
No injuries (thankfully).
This was caused by Hurricane Ida - about 6 inches of total rain and 3 inches in 1 hour.
Drainage overwhelmed the roof, and water's pretty heavy.
They are doing some repairs but this will be out of commission several months.
I was lucky that the work I needed done (back glass developed a stress fracture) could be done outside and they had the part.

Reactions: thisisdiddy
Just dropped off for a quick service hopefully.
C7A23069-BB53-4B27-8081-9B2CBC1412A1.jpeg