Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paris Motor Show--Some New electric Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• PARIS MOTOR SHOW 1.jpg
    PARIS MOTOR SHOW 1.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 119
  • PARIS MOTOR SHOW 2.jpg
    PARIS MOTOR SHOW 2.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 95
i am so pleased that major auto companies are going electric. I really think that without the push from Tesla it would not have happened so soon and so widespread. I just hope the dealer system does not remain such a road block to wider adoption. As long as the financial incentive is so strongly tilted towards ice cars, seeing as how repair and maintenance work makes up a large part of their profitability, it will be a big problem. And really who can blame them. Makes me wonder if independent dealers selling just ev's would not work better, perhaps a dealer combining several brands.

Reactions: MissAutobahn
i am so pleased that major auto companies are going electric. I really think that without the push from Tesla it would not have happened so soon and so widespread
Agreed.

However...I was laughing watching the VW "ID" video with the presenter describing all the wonderful features of the car because it sounded so much like the over 100,000 S and X vehicles that Tesla has built over the past 4 years. Yet the VW ID won't be for sale for another 4 years! But better late than never.

Of course some of the VW ID features that were described Tesla doesn't currently offer, like the "augmented reality" display, whatever that will be.

Tesla will continue to lead the EV field for a long time. I am glad that the other companies are starting to wake up and smell the electrons.

the mercedes and the VW concepts would be amazing if they were ready for production or one year away...
But in reality they are many years away from production.

I am sick to death of EV "concepts". VW and MB and Audi and Ford need to start producing real long range EVs. At least GM is finally doing something real with the Bolt. It may be unattractive and lack a fast DC charging network, but it is a step in the right direction.