Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Park animation. So dumb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to park and tap charge.
But the animation swings the car around and I have to carefully touch the charge symbol.
Before, it used to be quick.
Now, i wait wait and touch carefully. So dumb.
WOW...it amazes me how some of you are able to find the smallest strangest things to complain about, like seriously???? The animation that is half a second is an issue? There are at least 3 other ways to open the charge bay if that animation is too much to deal with, come on folks lol!

WOW...it amazes me how some of you are able to find the smallest strangest things to complain about, like seriously???? The animation that is half a second is an issue? There are at least 3 other ways to open the charge bay if that animation is too much to deal with, come on folks lol!
I dont like the animation and I wasnt searching for little things to complain about. I use the screen to open the charge port and trunks and now when I get home and put in P, I have to wait unlike before the update. Not the end of the world but it definitely annoys me.

Reactions: T Slaw and BelgoTes
I dont like the animation and I wasnt searching for little things to complain about. I use the screen to open the charge port and trunks and now when I get home and put in P, I have to wait unlike before the update. Not the end of the world but it definitely annoys me.
Smh this might be the weirdest gripe I’ve ever heard in my life...please tell me ur joking lol.

I understand that you don't understand.
when someone breaks something that worked fine, i don't like it.
I praise Tesla when they make improvement or introduce a cool new feature that I enjoy.
But I also shout out when they make something worse.
I am a fanboy but I am not a rock.

No, im not joking. I can live with it but would rather it go back to the way it was. I will never update my car again without first researching the update.
Lol, how fast are u reaching for the charge button after putting the the car in park?? Do you wear a seatbelt? I guess a tip would be to put ur car in a spot, press park button, take ur seatbelt off THEN push the charge button???? As someone who drives the car every day, I don’t see how this is an issue.

• Disagree
Reactions: T Slaw and Cybr.Myk
I understand that you don't understand.
when someone breaks something that worked fine, i don't like it.
I praise Tesla when they make improvement or introduce a cool new feature that I enjoy.
But I also shout out when they make something worse.
I am a fanboy but I am not a rock.
I love what Tesla is doing however I am NOT a fanboy and I agree on the fact that we should call Tesla (or any company) out when they screw up, however this is NOT one of those things...not even close...lol! Customer service, software bugs, panel gaps, paint, etc are all legitimate gripes, this half second animation isn’t it chief, it’s just not. This is a “Karen” level type of complaint in my opinion.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: T Slaw and helvio
I love what Tesla is doing however I am NOT a fanboy and I agree on the fact that we should call Tesla (or any company) out when they screw up, however this is NOT one of those things...not even close...lol! Customer service, software bugs, panel gaps, paint, etc are all legitimate gripes, this half second animation isn’t it chief, it’s just not. This is a “Karen” level type of complaint in my opinion.
Completely agreed! I must also add that I do like to compliment when things are done well and nicely. I personally have had great experience with customer service (greater Philadelphia area). So props to those in the Paoli location!

Reactions: Cyclegamer
Here you people go. New Tesla UI as designed by the people on this forum.

dumbass tesla owners.png

Lol, how fast are u reaching for the charge button after putting the the car in park?? Do you wear a seatbelt? I guess a tip would be to put ur car in a spot, press park button, take ur seatbelt off THEN push the charge button???? As someone who drives the car every day, I don’t see how this is an issue.

Not something im losing sleep over. Just a preference. I prefer it the way it was before this update. Our habits and routines are not all the same.

Was this a necessary change?
You don't care.
I do.
Leave it the way it was. No one will be unhappy.
I hate changes for the sake of change without functional benefit.
Having a project for the sake of having a project? No thank you.

(Yes, I agree that this UI is generally a retrograde step, though I got used to it pretty quickly.)

I have a non-Tesla charger, so no button on the handle. When arriving home, when the car is still unlocked, I can just use the sensor button on the charge door to open it. When departing in the morning, though,I have to unlock the port, which would normally involve unlocking and getting into the car and then getting out again.

That's why my favourite Tesla accessory so far is the Watch for Tesla app, which lets me do it in two quick clicks on my watch!

IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0457.jpg

Was this a necessary change?
You don't care.
I do.
Leave it the way it was. No one will be unhappy.
I hate changes for the sake of change without functional benefit.
Having a project for the sake of having a project? No thank you.
The animation was done because it looks cooler than what was there before, without compromising functionality for the average user. This is definitely the silliest complaint I’ve ever heard.

• Disagree
Reactions: T Slaw