Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Disabled AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had this alert or notification on my car for over a week. I was hoping it would go away with the new software. I downloaded new software this morning and I'm still getting the same warning. Called tech support and they did a power off cycle with me but that made no difference. New version of software...8.0.17.3.2

IMG_1401.JPG
Can you share a photo of the exact error message? When does it show? Not seen it ever.......

It's true v8.0(17.3.2) does not enable park assist, but I never seen a notice like you show.

I've tried to lurk around parking spots and AP2 only does the TACC & assisted steering (<45mph divided hwy) currently.
I've gotten that message several times in recent weeks in my AP1 car. It was always because the bumper was coated in mud/snow combination. I guess the sensors couldn't see through the muck.

Once the snow melted off park assist worked again even though the car is extremely dirty. We've had "wintry mix" almost every day for the last two weeks, so it seems pointless to wash the car.

Took the X to service center. First fix was new software version. Didn't help. Took back yesterday and it turns out there is 1 bad sensor on right front bumper. The new AP2 shuts down entire park assist system. He said previous model only lost one section not whole car. Anyway, they didn't have a sensor in stock and will call me when it arrives. Pretty amazing that every tesla being sold now has 12 sensors and they don't have 1 sensor in stock for repair.

Took the X to service center. First fix was new software version. Didn't help. Took back yesterday and it turns out there is 1 bad sensor on right front bumper. The new AP2 shuts down entire park assist system. He said previous model only lost one section not whole car. Anyway, they didn't have a sensor in stock and will call me when it arrives. Pretty amazing that every tesla being sold now has 12 sensors and they don't have 1 sensor in stock for repair.
OK that explains it further, you have AP2 and a bad sensor. But 17.3.2 has disabled park assist (among other things), so even if you get a new sensor you'll not be expecting that park feature, right? Just the error message will die........