Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Inn - PCN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doh!

Could it be you were you there for > 1 hour between entering the ANPR camera and leaving ?

I have a trick for this btw... I once overstayed a similar ANPR enforced car park, I dove out with the boot open, so it didn't registering me exit... Guess what, no PCN :D

I have been there about 8 times this month (just got the car) and I have had one ticket so far. I would appeal if I was you (I have, awaiting answer) as it would seem that the hotel's system may not be that reliable when you enter your reg number on the computer in reception. It is a nuisance because so far it's the only one that requires it. the one at Tower bridge you just let the concierge know and then when you are ready to leave you buzz them at the barrier and they let you out.

I also got hit....arrived in the dark, tired 3am...and did not see the general carpark signs, and it was lashing with rain so the idea of a walk to reception would not have appealed. Complained and Tesla resolved it painlessly. Suggested they add rule to system to ignore Tesla cars for a few hours, as this type of thing is done on other ANPR sites.
They have since added slightly clearer signs, but once bitten twice shy! IT is not about parking there...as the ANPR system detects entry and exit. So in principle you could arrive and wait for a bay for 10 mins and then give up and leave, never parking, never leaving the car, but still get sent a PCN.

I got one for parking and charging on 30th December. I appealed on line with explanation of charging and also included image of my charge notifications which showed starting charge 2 minutes after entering and finishing 2 minutes before leaving. I was there for 1 hour 10 minutes total because there was another car that started charging just before me and I needed a lot of charge. I explained that in the email too. I got a letter earlier this week denying my appeal saying the issue was "I had not bought a ticket"! Called Park Inn yesterday, spoke to the duty manager who asked me to send him the PCN and he would deal with it. We'll see how that works!