Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Assist Unavailable after 2023.6.9 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, completely nee to this forum. Just got my new Tesla Model 3 (no USS) a week ago. Software update with Vision Parking installed yesterday but constantly getting “Park Assist Unavailable” message on the Touchscreen. I’ve tried the fix mentioned in this thread (switch off Autopilot functions, reboot touchscreen, etc) but still getting same message. Is this something which will become available as the car “learns”? I understand some of you have had service appointments to look at this; what has the outcome been of those appointments please?

Reactions: glovelace
Thank you for trying to share. I tried what you suggested yesterday, but no luck.
I have contacted the support. I heard there is several different versions of 2023.6.9 depending on hardware or something ?
I took delivery of my new ModelY 1 or 2 weeks ago.
I am in the same situation as you. I downloaded 23.6.9 and I got the park assist unavailable error. I tried everything and nothing worked. I setup an appointment with Tesla for 12 April 2023.

Hi all, completely nee to this forum. Just got my new Tesla Model 3 (no USS) a week ago. Software update with Vision Parking installed yesterday but constantly getting “Park Assist Unavailable” message on the Touchscreen. I’ve tried the fix mentioned in this thread (switch off Autopilot functions, reboot touchscreen, etc) but still getting same message. Is this something which will become available as the car “learns”? I understand some of you have had service appointments to look at this; what has the outcome been of those appointments please?
I’ll be able to tell you on Monday.

I got the "Park Assist unavailable" message yesterday when I put the car in reverse after driving 14 miles in the rain. The message did not display when the car was in drive. I noticed the rear camera was covered with water droplets, so I dried off the rear camera and the the message did not reappear. But I have also noticed that the warning yellow and red lines seem to appear when I have ample room between the car and obstacles in my garage or at the charging station. I haven't tried to parallel park with it yet so I'm interested in seeing how that works.

Actually I am finding this useful today but I need to use the mirror's and
camera's not to get confused. I imagine in the final version you won't have to
wait for it to load . I am sorta getting used to it. But I have a lot to get used
to only had the car for just 9 days now.

Actually I am finding this useful today but I need to use the mirror's and
camera's not to get confused. I imagine in the final version you won't have to
wait for it to load . I am sorta getting used to it. But I have a lot to get used
to only had the car for just 9 days now.
Does this mean you managed to get the Parking Assist to work and you’re no longer getting the “Park Assist Unavailable” message? What did you do to get it to work?

We had our service visit today. Mobile engineer replaced side left camera - we didn’t know it was faulty - with a metal screwdriver. Car is now scratched. Tesla are arranging a service visit - presumably to replace the wing. We were told to drive up to 100 miles to calibrate the new camera, then Park Assist would cut in at some point. Not happy.

Sorry for the scratch. I'm surprised that they don't use a plastic tool for that. As I'm having the very same issue (error msg), I've also scheduled a mobile service in 2 wks. I remember right after I took the car out of the lot at delivery I had the msg saying the cameras need calibration. But the msg disappeared soon enough. The calibration needs 100 miles?! I hope this could be a s/w issue not the cameras. Only time would tell us what it is. BTW thanks for the update.

Sorry for the scratch. I'm surprised that they don't use a plastic tool for that. As I'm having the very same issue (error msg), I've also scheduled a mobile service in 2 wks. I remember right after I took the car out of the lot at delivery I had the msg saying the cameras need calibration. But the msg disappeared soon enough. The calibration needs 100 miles?! I hope this could be a s/w issue not the cameras. Only time would tell us what it is. BTW thanks for the update.
Yeah, ditto to calibration soon after picking up the car from new. 100 miles seems a lot, doesn't it? At this stage we're none the wiser re the side camera issue. It seemed to be in full working order.

Update: park assist is now working. I got the “not available” error right after the software update, and two reboots didn’t fix it. However, after driving around for a couple of days with the error message showing whenever I stopped, today the park assist just started working on its own. I didn’t clean any cameras and never got any calibration messages. I hope this helps someone.

Reactions: mc.abbe
Hello camera calibration doesnt take 100 miles. Due to park assist i tried to recalibrate 2 times already (that did not work for me). It took me 15 minutes drive on highway everytime. It is way faster on highways.

Earlgrey thanks for the feedback. I slowly think recalibration was a mistake on my side, maybe it did reset something in its "learning". I'm going to keep it as is, despite the "park assist unavailable" message and drive for a while to see if it suddenly starts working. In the meantime i'm still waiting for a reply from Tesla service...