Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla vision parking assist bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 USS-less Model 3 and upgraded to 2023.6.9 when it came out. The new Tesla vision parking assist has been incredibly buggy and many many times when I leave a red light, I get this:

It does not matter whether it's rainy or sunny, it happens multiple times per trip and it is getting rather annoying. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

I have a 2023 USS-less Model 3 and upgraded to 2023.6.9 when it came out. The new Tesla vision parking assist has been incredibly buggy and many many times when I leave a red light, I get this:

It does not matter whether it's rainy or sunny, it happens multiple times per trip and it is getting rather annoying. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?
I just got this and I have a 2021 MY with USS. Happened on a busy 2 lane each way road with lights. While stopped at a light if I did not leave a big gap to the next car would say stop! And ding. Also said Park Assist not available, no kidding as there were no parking spots along the road. Very annoying. I’m on 2022.45.15.

Sorry to thread jack here, but didn't want to start a new thread for a newb question.

How do you turn this on? I have a new 2023 M3P with EAP, I believe I should be able to get these squiggly park assist lines, but I don't ever see them.
Since your car doesn’t have ultrasonic sensors, you need to have a certain software build to get vision-based Park Assist. I don’t recall the exact build, but which do you have now?

Reactions: AM150
And don't forget that the car's behavior is based on the output from a neural net, not "strict programming". I'd say less a bug and more that the neural net needs more even training to correctly identify your situation. Hopefully they will devote some resources to proper tuning of this section of code!

Do you think it has anything to do with having your left turn signal on and the car thinking that you'll turn onto the curb imminently or something?

Isn't it wonderful being a participant on the forefront of half-baked technological advancement?

Which build introduced Park Assist for cars without USS?

I took delivery of a new HW4 Model S without USS on Monday. It came with 2023.12.1 installed, and I've received 2 updates, 2023.12.1.1 and 2023.12.5. I don't have any form of Park Assist. I checked all the options, and there isn't any option to enable/disable it. Does anyone else with a new Model S have Park Assist, and if so, which build do you have?

Which build introduced Park Assist for cars without USS?

I took delivery of a new HW4 Model S without USS on Monday. It came with 2023.12.1 installed, and I've received 2 updates, 2023.12.1.1 and 2023.12.5. I don't have any form of Park Assist. I checked all the options, and there isn't any option to enable/disable it. Does anyone else with a new Model S have Park Assist, and if so, which build do you have?
I think it started with 2023.6 branch.

So dang true!!! lol. I think this every day!
I just took delivery of a MYLR and it updated that day to 2023.12 and I do not see Park Assist anywhere. No option to turn on or off the chimes either.

The manual does indicate "This feature may be temporarily limited or inactive until it is enabled with a future software update for vehicles manufactured as of approximately October 2022."

However, I thought that 2023.6.9 enabled Park Assist.

Am I going crazy here?

I just took delivery of a MYLR and it updated that day to 2023.12 and I do not see Park Assist anywhere. No option to turn on or off the chimes either.

The manual does indicate "This feature may be temporarily limited or inactive until it is enabled with a future software update for vehicles manufactured as of approximately October 2022."

However, I thought that 2023.6.9 enabled Park Assist.

Am I going crazy here?
I'm encountering the same. Picked up a new Model Y last week and it came with 2023.12.1.1... haven't see the park assist lines or distance estimations once.

Reactions: Skunis
Am I going crazy here?

Probably not. You may or may not be encountering the familiar software update pattern of: giveth / taketh away / giveth but worseth / taketh backeth away again. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Meanwhile, feel free to distract yourself and passengers with farts, customizing the color of the on-screen car, and naming the car. I've yet to hear of any glitches at all from anyone about those features.

On Saturday we picked up a M3 with 2023.6.100 installed from the factory and it has vision-based park assist enabled, but it frequently displays the "Park assist degraded" message even after calibration is shown as complete, and the distance estimates are pretty questionable/useless. Now the car is pending an install of 2023.12.5 so hopefully that improves things.

On Saturday we picked up a M3 with 2023.6.100 installed from the factory and it has vision-based park assist enabled, but it frequently displays the "Park assist degraded" message even after calibration is shown as complete, and the distance estimates are pretty questionable/useless. Now the car is pending an install of 2023.12.5 so hopefully that improves things.
That could take the feature away.

Probably not. You may or may not be encountering the familiar software update pattern of: giveth / taketh away / giveth but worseth / taketh backeth away again. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Meanwhile, feel free to distract yourself and passengers with farts, customizing the color of the on-screen car, and naming the car. I've yet to hear of any glitches at all from anyone about those features.
That is so true! I have a M3SR+ w/ FSD and one thing that stinks is seeing the new updates come out with goodies that I cannot get as FSD always lags with those updates.

I have a service appt. for a broken rear view mirror (delivery day issue) and added the park assist to it. Hopefully, when they review they can handle that outside of the service appt.

Even though the non-USS park assist is not supposed to be as accurate, my wife really wants that alert when she is getting close to something.