Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking in Public Car Parks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if it is legal to park in the middle of TWO parking spaces in public car parks and pay for BOTH spaces ?
By taking up two spaces less chance of scratches and dings.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that even if legal (or allowed by the privately run parking firms), this is still antisocial behaviour. I'd be pretty angry if the last spaces in the carpark were taken up by double parked cars, paying or not.

I know this isn't what you're asking....

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that even if legal (or allowed by the privately run parking firms), this is still antisocial behaviour. I'd be pretty angry if the last spaces in the carpark were taken up by double parked cars, paying or not.

I know this isn't what you're asking....
A car park can be empty and still someone parks right next to you when there are loads of other spaces !

Be careful parking over 2 spaces!

8b3ad68e18f764dce47931d9d689f93b.jpg

As the husband of a Magistrate, I can tell you that it's illegal to park over two space even if you pay for the two. There are local By-Laws in every area of England (don't know about Scotland, Wales and NI) which prohibit this and the parking scheme operators/owners have to adhere to this law UNLESS their conditions of use specifically say otherwise.
The misses knows this as she's had to deal with this before..........

• Disagree
Reactions: Rooster6655
As the husband of a Magistrate, I can tell you that it's illegal to park over two space even if you pay for the two. There are local By-Laws in every area of England (don't know about Scotland, Wales and NI) which prohibit this and the parking scheme operators/owners have to adhere to this law UNLESS their conditions of use specifically say otherwise.
The misses knows this as she's had to deal with this before..........

Would like to see details of this law as it seems rather odd that parking over two spaces on private property is classed as breaking the law.