Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking in Public Car Parks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not illegal. It's private land, the landowner makes up the rules, and breaking them is a contract breach - no more, no less.

Notwithstanding that, even if it's still subject to the Road Traffic Act as "accessible to the general public" there's no Law against bad parking.

Most (all I've seen) car parks stipulate on the T&Cs info where the meters are that cars must be parked wholly in a space. Buying two tickets is irrelevant because you're preventing 1 vehicle from parking. If everyone parked across two spaces the car park would only be able to hold 50% of the capacity. The car park owner might get the same amount in parking fees, but half as much footfall which would be far more valuable to them.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Well Rooster, I can only go on what she tells me. She did say it was about paying for spaces and not about being on private property.

Personally if I saw anyone parking over two spaces (as below) I would think as many others do....... but can't use bad language here!
article-0-0C4B078900000578-643_638x435.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: TestPilot
Well Rooster, I can only go on what she tells me. She did say it was about paying for spaces and not about being on private property.

Personally if I saw anyone parking over two spaces (as below) I would think as many others do....... but can't use bad language here!

Fair enough, if someone was taken to court about whether they were liable for say a parking fine for 2 spaces then they would probably have to pay up but this would be a civil matter rather than criminal and of course would also depend on the parking terms agreed to.

So they maybe liable for a parking fine if taken to court but it does not necessarily make it illegal.

Fair enough, if someone was taken to court about whether they were liable for say a parking fine for 2 spaces then they would probably have to pay up but this would be a civil matter rather than criminal and of course would also depend on the parking terms agreed to.

So they maybe liable for a parking fine if taken to court but it does not necessarily make it illegal.
OK Rooster, maybe I used a wrong word there, "illegal" is too strong.

Reactions: Rooster6655