Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PARKING LIGHTS VS DRL??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed that some of the Model S and Model X i have seen on the road have the EL parking lights on during normal daylight driving, My car does not activate them unless I do this manually. Is this EL lights on a feature on more upscale models, is it DRL related (my car is late 2016 model 60)?

It could be that you have Range Mode enabled. The DRLs or whatever they are called now will be turned off when Range Mode is enabled. The older Model Ss allowed you to enable the DRLs separately - at least thats how my 2012 Model S works. I have a Model X and the DRLs will only come on when Range Mode is disabled or Auto Headlights are turned off.

It could be that you have Range Mode enabled. The DRLs or whatever they are called now will be turned off when Range Mode is enabled. The older Model Ss allowed you to enable the DRLs separately - at least thats how my 2012 Model S works. I have a Model X and the DRLs will only come on when Range Mode is disabled or Auto Headlights are turned off.
I have to add this is mostly an USA thing. Other countries require that the DRL's are on no matter what, so the idiotic 'Range Mode' option to save a few mW doesn't come into play. :D