TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PARKING LIGHTS VS DRL??

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Altes, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Altes

Altes Member

I have noticed that some of the Model S and Model X i have seen on the road have the EL parking lights on during normal daylight driving, My car does not activate them unless I do this manually. Is this EL lights on a feature on more upscale models, is it DRL related (my car is late 2016 model 60)?

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

It could be that you have Range Mode enabled. The DRLs or whatever they are called now will be turned off when Range Mode is enabled. The older Model Ss allowed you to enable the DRLs separately - at least thats how my 2012 Model S works. I have a Model X and the DRLs will only come on when Range Mode is disabled or Auto Headlights are turned off.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I have to add this is mostly an USA thing. Other countries require that the DRL's are on no matter what, so the idiotic 'Range Mode' option to save a few mW doesn't come into play. :D