Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking near WSCC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to the Emerald City Comicon on Saturday, which is held in the Washington State Convention Center. I've used the WSCC/Freeway park garage before, and I do not feel like I want to take my Model S there.

Does anyone have good recommendations for parking near the area? I don't really like valet either, but if you know it's a good valet, I would consider it. I will need to park my car all day, and possibly even into the night, like after midnight even.

If I don't learn of a decent, safe (in terms of damage to my car) place to park, then I'm probably going to park in Bellevue and bus over, which isn't ideal, because sometimes at cons I buy/collect a lot of junk and like to offload it to my car so I don't have to carry it around everywhere.

Thanks

The parking lot at Pacific Place is decent. Haven't done their valet, but the garage has normal-sized spaces, which in Seattle can be hard to find. Park there frequently, and *if* I had my MS, would not have any concerns with parking it there. Don't recall how late they're open though. Entrance is on 6th between Pine & Olive, or 7th between Pine & Olive. Have also used the valet at the Sheraton on 6th between Pike & Union a few times, good experiences so far, pricey. But haven't seen where they actually park the cars. The Washington Athletic Club is right across the street from them, friendly attendants. It's self-park only, but the spaces and the layout in general are TIGHT. Would be a little nervous squeezing an MS in there.

You should check out the charging locations around the convention center using plugshare.com. I just looked and there are charging stations at Pacific Place too. I am thinking that charging station spaces tend to be wider. However, it is not so nice to block an EV spot for the entire day. I would recommend valet parking at the Sheraton but ask that they leave the MS up front. I am sure they like that.

You should check out the charging locations around the convention center using plugshare.com. I just looked and there are charging stations at Pacific Place too. I am thinking that charging station spaces tend to be wider. However, it is not so nice to block an EV spot for the entire day. I would recommend valet parking at the Sheraton but ask that they leave the MS up front. I am sure they like that.

Yup! I use the Pacific Place chargers all the time. Chargepoint -$2 for charging unlimited time (I never get to be there more than a few hours and I don't have my Tesla yet so check your app make sure your car is charging and that it doesn't 'max out' after certain kWh).
They have a bunch of chargers and I've never seen it more than 30% full, I wouldn't hesitate to keep a car there for a full day or night. It can be tricky to navigate the interior of the parking lot to find them - they are right in front of the elevators on Level 2- if you come in thru 7th you have to go down into the garage, get your paper slip, and then drive slightly uphill half a level.

I ended up using the Washington Athletic Club parking garage based on DouglasR's recommendation on the official Tesla Forums. I went to the last level, H (A is just below street level), because I think there were a lot of con attendees using the garage. Anyways, the farther I went down, the more empty spaces there were, so I managed to a decent spot for the S.

Thanks all for the suggestions.