Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Sensor Issue After Car Wrap!

joshwa_RN

Sep 5, 2020
Roseville,Ca
Recently got my Model Y wrapped and noticed that when I parked my car back in the Garage the front parking sensors that tells you how far something is, are not working anybody else have this issue? (Attached is the photo of to color change I Did)
AF6F06C6-A79D-4809-A414-56D89EDD4BED.jpeg
2EA7ACA5-30B5-4005-A71C-09273C3493C1.jpeg
3E37B827-6B7A-4054-82FC-CED58F378EAC.jpeg
A4CE0E16-1457-48B2-8E26-29678EC33ABF.jpeg

NJEV-Don

Sep 10, 2020
Northern New Jersey
The color is...unique to say the least. If you’re happy that’s all that matters. As far as the parking sensors etc. just go back to the detailer shop and explain to him. They can cut around the sensors so you won’t have any issues. My detailer did that for me when I was getting PPF installed. It should not be an issue. It’s a very simple fix.

joshwa_RN

Sep 5, 2020
Roseville,Ca
The color is...unique to say the least. If you’re happy that’s all that matters. As far as the parking sensors etc. just go back to the detailer shop and explain to him. They can cut around the sensors so you won’t have any issues. My detailer did that for me when I was getting PPF installed. It should not be an issue. It’s a very simple fix.

I also email i1Tesla from You tube apparently its the new update

Spacep0d

Apr 20, 2019
Wildomar, CA

So what you're trying to say is that this is the color you'd see inside the diaper of a newborn? I actually love how unique this is. Would I choose it? No. Do I respect the effort? Absolutely. :D

OP, good luck with the sensor issue!

Reactions: NJEV-Don

Gigaron

Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Is the update definitely the issue? Just had my car wrapped and having the same problem.

Plenty of threads on this topic already. My problem started after the PPF cured. As soon as it was cut away from the sensors the problem went away. You need to cut on the outside of the white rings surrounding the sensors.

Reactions: JasontheBeaver

Murattukaalai

Jan 2, 2019
Denver
Problem is the vinyl that was installed. On a warm day it works and also works I use heat gun on the sensor wrap and push it in a bit. Once cold it stops working again.

thxphil

Apr 7, 2017
Seattle
I have XPEL Stealth (Matte) on my Pearl White MY and front sensors no longer work. I don't want to cut them out so I just deal with it.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC