Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Sensors in Bumper Stopped Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My parking sensors stopped working in my 2022 Model Y. My car is up to date with all software updates. I am runningVersion 2022 40.4.1
Can anyone offer any suggestions to trouble shoot this problem. I did make a Tesla service appointment. I was asked whether I wanted Mobile or Service Facility visit and i chose Service Facilty But that will not be until the end of the month. Any help is appreciated.

My parking sensors stopped working in my 2022 Model Y. My car is up to date with all software updates. I am runningVersion 2022 40.4.1
Can anyone offer any suggestions to trouble shoot this problem. I did make a Tesla service appointment. I was asked whether I wanted Mobile or Service Facility visit and i chose Service Facilty But that will not be until the end of the month. Any help is appreciated.
My front USS sensors stopped working. Rears are ok. Just noticed after getting two holiday updates. I’m on 2022.44.25.3. @tguy888 what did SC say or you find solution?

My front USS sensors stopped working. Rears are ok. Just noticed after getting two holiday updates. I’m on 2022.44.25.3. @tguy888 what did SC say or you find solution?
The low down, I'm taking the car in for service.

Additional info. A day or so after getting all the holiday updates, I hit wooden debris on freeway. Debris hit my front left bumper area (no visible damage there...scrathes were on the PPF and vanished after cleaning and the PPF self healing properties. However, the impact must have caused bumper to move upwards with such force that it bent the metal a bit around the beginning of headlight area. So I highly suspect, I have a damaged front USS or the connections popped out.

Since I have bent metal and USS is broken, I'll filing an insurance claim and will insist repairs are done at Tesla authorized body shop in my area. One place did great work correcting my delivery day panel gaps so I hope to use them again.

SOLVED
Turned out the front bumper sensors were not being displayed due to a Tesla firmware bug & they were working. Immediately after updating to 2022.44.30 the sensors displays started appearing in the Tesla interface again.
We have a 2021 MYLR on 2022.44.30 and our front parking sensors no longer work. Is there a way to reinstall the most recent version to see if it fixes it?

We have a 2021 MYLR on 2022.44.30 and our front parking sensors no longer work. Is there a way to reinstall the most recent version to see if it fixes it?
Just have to wait for the next update to roll out to your car. Maybe try to schedule Tesla service appointment and put in notes you’d like them to push latest update to your car. Not sure they have ability.

FD1B8004-AA08-4832-81EB-46727767A459.jpeg

Looks like I have parking sensor faults
This is not due to FW. You have an actual issue with the sensors (sensor system). I think I read in your other thread that you have a service appt scheduled? Tesla will figure out what is wrong.

The fact that you have mismatched color USS sensor circles indicates something happened to the car in the past and it was obviously not a great repair if they couldn't even match the correct paint sensor covers.

This is not due to FW. You have an actual issue with the sensors (sensor system). I think I read in your other thread that you have a service appt scheduled? Tesla will figure out what is wrong.

The fact that you have mismatched color USS sensor circles indicates something happened to the car in the past and it was obviously not a great repair if they couldn't even match the correct paint sensor covers.
Just out of curiosity are we allowed in service mode? What I dont want is them not even checking and saying well tesla is getting rid of USS and not even looking into it. Clearly it is having many faults.

Just out of curiosity are we allowed in service mode? What I dont want is them not even checking and saying well tesla is getting rid of USS and not even looking into it. Clearly it is having many faults.
I think it is pretty common knowledge of how to enter service mode. If Tesla really wanted to lock the user out they could change it. So I don't think it is a big deal if you went into service to read the faults. I really don't think Tesla would leave your car's USS non-functioning just because of the newer cars without USS waiting on Vision update.

I think it is pretty common knowledge of how to enter service mode. If Tesla really wanted to lock the user out they could change it. So I don't think it is a big deal if you went into service to read the faults. I really don't think Tesla would leave your car's USS non-functioning just because of the newer cars without USS waiting on Vision update.
Yeah I didnt think they would either. I just didnt want to be in service mode if I wasnt supposed to. I guess the bigger question for me would be why did tesla say this car was ready to be sold with all of these faults? Do they not have some sort of pre delivery checklist?

Yeah I didnt think they would either. I just didnt want to be in service mode if I wasnt supposed to. I guess the bigger question for me would be why did tesla say this car was ready to be sold with all of these faults? Do they not have some sort of pre delivery checklist?
Yeah that is disappointing that they sold you the car without thoroughly checking it over. Those mismatched USS sensor colors were certainly a red flag which you picked up on. When you bring it in I'd be more forceful on getting them to disclose what work had been done on the car previously. Was there any history disclosed of damage or repairs? Something must have been done to that bumper/sensors in the past to have mismatched sensor covers.

Yeah that is disappointing that they sold you the car without thoroughly checking it over. Those mismatched USS sensor colors were certainly a red flag which you picked up on. When you bring it in I'd be more forceful on getting them to disclose what work had been done on the car previously. Was there any history disclosed of damage or repairs? Something must have been done to that bumper/sensors in the past to have mismatched sensor covers.
This was one that tesla said no previous repair and I also ran my own carfax. I did speak with a teach and he said what probably happened was the sensor was replaced and the owner never took it to get painted. He said all new sensors come black and they they send off to paint. Given this is a 2021 and at that time body shops were backed up for months the owners probably didnt want to deal with it.

I did find this on Tesla website of what should be done before delivery. There is no way they checked for faults .