Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking while visiting Midtown NYC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be driving up to NYC next week for a few days. It's the first long trip I'm taking in my MS and the first time it'll be parked overnight somewhere that's not my garage. I've been pretty paranoid about parking in public places and so far managed to avoid any damage. Are there garages or hotels that anyone thinks are better than others for a car like this?

thanks in advance

I used to live in lower east side in Manhattan and parked my cars in a couple of different garages. They caused more damages than I parked on the street. It's a tough place for cars. Sorry, I do not have any good recommendations. If you tip the parking attendance and ask them nicely, they may be able to park your car at a nicer spot, but no guarantee.

I recommend Manhattan Plaza Parking garage. It's one of the few self-parks in the city. Indoor parking with reasonably sized spaces (for NYC). I've parked here for years. They also have charge point stations if you're looking to charge. 427 W 42nd Street, right where the Lincoln Tunnel dumps you out onto 42nd! If you're trying to park away from other cars, head all the way to the lowest level...best shot at having no one next to you ;)