Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

partial premium software unlocks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have the SR+ model and would love to pay to remove some of the software locks on my car such as getting satellite maps, and Spotify in my car. This is a wonderful opportunity for tesla to take more of my money without having to do any work. dose anyone know if they will ever offer individual software unlocks and are the speakers in the partial premium interior just software limited as well since they are physically present in the car still?

I agree that you should not be penalized for choosing a smaller battery
if this is your second car, or if you plan doing only local driving, or just because you can charge at home every night.
Especialy if the expected upgrade is solely software activation, which don't complicate the manufacturing process.

However, for a marketing point of view, Tesla needs a way to convince potential customers for getting a Model 3 LR AWD.

Note: Considering that the Model S SR (75 kW) has been suppressed, I suspect that the Model 3 SR+
will be replaced by a Model 2 to compete with smaller more compact cars like the VW ID.3

Last edited:
So I have the SR+ model and would love to pay to remove some of the software locks on my car such as getting satellite maps, and Spotify in my car. This is a wonderful opportunity for tesla to take more of my money without having to do any work. dose anyone know if they will ever offer individual software unlocks and are the speakers in the partial premium interior just software limited as well since they are physically present in the car still?
SR+ are missing the rear speakers and sub with amplifier not sure if the front tweeters are software locked you also have the rear heated seats and the front floor light software limited also.

SR+ are missing the rear speakers and sub with amplifier not sure if the front tweeters are software locked you also have the rear heated seats and the front floor light software limited also.
I have my rear deck speakers, what I’m missing is the Sub & Amp. For those with the SR Plus, with the trunk closed from the outside, using a flash light you can see the speakers back there.

Fred