Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parts lead times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short. I got hit over a month ago now and got to a body shop within that week to look at my car. The damage was to the bumper cover, inner drivers side fender lining, rim-tire, and fog light, etc... They got all the parts in a couple weeks ago besides the bumper cover. Has anyone else had to wait over a month for a bumper cover from Tesla for their 3? Just trying to gauge what other lead times have been for similar parts. Thanks

I'm waiting for a LR Quarter panel over a month. My 6 day old M3AWD was rear-ended and been sitting in body shop. Been in constant contact with Body Shop advisors, regional supervisor, and national manager. They keep saying it's due to be re-stocked Nov 7th but I also have no faith that will happen. I'll be lucky to be driving it by Christmas!

Rear Quarter panel was actually re-stocked TODAY. Although only 18 were produced, i was one of the lucky ones. It should be shipped to body shop shortly but still looking at 4 week turnaround to get my Blue Dream back in hand. Has anyone else had any luck getting parts as scheduled?

Car went to the body shop yesterday. They got the bumper cover in on Friday so I guess that's still considered first week of Nov. Now let's see how long the body shop takes. Meanwhile I got an Infiniti Q70 which drives like a boat compared to the 3, and prob has one of the worst transmissions I have ever dealt with, it can't make up it's mind what gear it's in.

My quarter panel was actually delivered to my body shop yesterday. It was "only" 4 weeks from order date! Body shop is quoting 20 working days to finish welding, painting, and assembly. I'm hoping to get my car back by December 14th! Hoping for early Christmas present.

I got hit by a deer, and needed to replace front bumpber cover, right front quarter panel, foglight, headlight, righ side mirror.

Body shop ordered parts and parts arrived within 1~2 weeks. Bumper cover came in last. FYI: Im in San Jose. Repair took 2 weeks, and will be handed over to tesla service for sensor calibration tomorrow.

Long story short here - 8 weeks for me. Sustained damage to the passenger rocker panel (under the rear door) on Day 2 of ownership (note: I was NOT the one driving). Took it to the only Tesla-authorized repair location in N. CA and waited 8 weeks before I broke down and called to check the status of parts. The shop called the next day to schedule the repair work. (Coincidence?) I'm just fortunate the damage is really hard to spot. The wait is likely a combination of time to source the parts, and the scheduling rodeo on the shop side.