Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passengers Front Window, Works from Passenger Controls but doesnt go all the way up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went out last night with the kids. Before we left, I rolled passenger front window down to yell to my son to grab something from the MS before getting in the MX. It worked fine from the drivers controls.

Son gets in the front, and we start driving. Wind noise seems worse than usual. Try to roll the window up thinking maybe I didn't roll it all the way back up. But the drivers controls dont roll the window up or down. Drivers controls work for the other three windows and both side mirrors.
I ask son to try his controls. The window rolls down and up with the passenger door controls. But it doesn't seem to be going all the way up.
Pull into parking lot, have him open the door, and close it again. Window does not drop down when door opens, and does not go back up when door closes. It appears, the automatic window drop for when the door opens, isn't functioning. It's pre-dropped, and doesn't roll back up into the door frame when door is closed.

Any ideas? Scheduling service but if I can get this resolved on my own, much better.
Tried reboot, hard reboot, and recalibrating the window.

Reactions: sfRonH
Same thing happened to me recently. Tesla refused to accept my used vehicles warranty and charge me for the job 680 including sales tax. This is what changes:

Correction: Window Regulator - Front - RH (Remove & Replace)
Price
Adjustment
Price Adjustment
Subtotal
Subtotal
Parts Replaced or Added Part
ASSEMBLY - WINDOW REGULATOR - FRONT RIGHT HAND(1028819- 00-F)
CLIP, HEART FLEX W WSHR 70 LBS RETENTION(1025401- 00-A)
Quantity
Unit Price
155.00 0.00
2.70 0.00
Correction: Seal - Outer Belt - Front Door - RH (Remove & Replace)
Price Adjustment
55.20 0.00
Price Adjustment
130.00 0.00
Subtotal
Subtotal
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
Unit Price
OUTER BELT SEAL ASSY, RIGHT HAND FR(1032166-88-D)
Correction: General Diagnosis
Correction: Window Regulator - Front - RH - Recalibrate
Total Parts Amount 287.70 Total Labor Amount 331.20