Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passive Entry no longer works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2015 Model S. Passive entry has been working all this time. about a week ago, (I didnt do an update), Passive Entry stopped working. I havent changed any settings. I checked the Passive Entry in security and it is set to active. I have the latest software version 2021.44.5. ive rebooted also.

Both my fobs dont seem to be working. I can open the door if I click the fob. interesting observation, I cannot even press the driver side door handle like I used to before to open the car. however, I can press the trunk button and it will open the trunk. I can also press the passenger side door handle and it will open the door.

another interesting observation: I tried updating the fob but the car says " no fob found".

What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: rickyjb
I have a 2015 Model S.

I tried updating the fob but the car says " no fob found".

What am I doing wrong?
If the fobs are original ones, came with the car then this is exactly what you did wrong. There are two or now even three generations of fobs and these first ones can’t be updated on the car. You need to get the fobs (all to be present) to SeC to reprogram them to the car.

Reactions: DerbyDave
I have a 2015 Model S. Passive entry has been working all this time. about a week ago, (I didnt do an update), Passive Entry stopped working. I havent changed any settings. I checked the Passive Entry in security and it is set to active. I have the latest software version 2021.44.5. ive rebooted also.

Both my fobs dont seem to be working. I can open the door if I click the fob. interesting observation, I cannot even press the driver side door handle like I used to before to open the car. however, I can press the trunk button and it will open the trunk. I can also press the passenger side door handle and it will open the door.

another interesting observation: I tried updating the fob but the car says " no fob found".

What am I doing wrong?

i think the issue might be related to a faulty microswitch that senses the press of the drivers door handle , as you say it works on the other doors.

actually it only works on the front passenger door. none of the other doors will open when I press the door handle.
strange, have another look through the settings , there is some to do with which handles present if i remember rightly . ive had settings change on me in the past . having multiple handles fail is not unheard of , but all at once might be a stretch . Could always book it in for service , most likely get a mobile visit .

What am I doing wrong?
Already found the problem, do you need help?