Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Past, Present, Future

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got to see a Model 3 today. Three of them actually (here's a white one: https://i.imgur.com/GiRsVPz.jpg). Later when I was looking through the few pictures I took I realized I captured a Roaster, S and 3 lined up. Past, present, future. Cool!

Here are some quick impressions, only adding to the many others that have already posted:
  • The car is narrower and (seems?) taller than the MS which very much changes the aesthetic. Felt a little "bubbly" to me, especially the side view.
  • There is the normal Tesla panel misalignment. The red one's left rear door did not close flush - not really that close.
  • The suspension sits really high. Especially the front. One was brand new (white one), I suspect the others were fairly low mileage - perhaps it will settle down a bit.
  • The minimalist interior was a bit of a shock. It's super minimal in person.
  • edit: I like the rear of the 3 better than the S, especially getting rid fo the chrome bar and the more stylistic integration of the tail lights.
My first in-person impression made me slightly less likely to make good on my deposit when the dual motor is made available.

All that said, great to see the car in the wild. Important for Tesla.

IMG_1108.png

Finally got to see a Model 3 today. Three of them actually (here's a white one: https://i.imgur.com/GiRsVPz.jpg). Later when I was looking through the few pictures I took I realized I captured a Roaster, S and 3 lined up. Past, present, future. Cool!

Here are some quick impressions, only adding to the many others that have already posted:
  • The car is narrower and (seems?) taller than the MS which very much changes the aesthetic. Felt a little "bubbly" to me, especially the side view.
  • There is the normal Tesla panel misalignment. The red one's left rear door did not close flush - not really that close.
  • The suspension sits really high. Especially the front. One was brand new (white one), I suspect the others were fairly low mileage - perhaps it will settle down a bit.
  • The minimalist interior was a bit of a shock. It's super minimal in person.
  • edit: I like the rear of the 3 better than the S, especially getting rid fo the chrome bar and the more stylistic integration of the tail lights.
My first in-person impression made me slightly less likely to make good on my deposit when the dual motor is made available.

All that said, great to see the car in the wild. Important for Tesla.

View attachment 277305

I noticed all of the things you mentioned except for the fact about the front suspension sitting higher than the rear. Did you notice that on all 3?

Enjoy your burrito