Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pay in full with personal check?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would anyone pay in full even if you have the money? Should not be too difficult to make more than 4% on your money no? Maybe missing something.

I know of no way to get 4% guaranteed return on my money, and do not wish to go through the trouble of attempting to secure a really great rate on a loan. Also, I far prefer the flexibility of having greater free cash flow each month. To each his own.

Edited to add: When using a loan, it’s far easier to spend more than you have. Paying cash forces one to stay in budget, and requires the discipline of saving up front- which is never a bad thing IMO.

I know of no way to get 4% guaranteed return on my money, and do not wish to go through the trouble of attempting to secure a really great rate on a loan. Also, I far prefer the flexibility of having greater free cash flow each month. To each his own.

Edited to add: When using a loan, it’s far easier to spend more than you have. Paying cash forces one to stay in budget, and requires the discipline of saving up front- which is never a bad thing IMO.

Fair enough! Definitely easier said than done and I get your points.