TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pay off balance before delivery

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by corduroy, Aug 20, 2018.

1. corduroy

corduroy Member

Anyone else seeing this on their account page? Looks like you can now submit payment online before taking delivery.

tesla-craigslist-upload.jpg

2. Eno Deb

Eno Deb Member

This is part of the delivery process. In my case it opened up a day before delivery (I choose to pay with a cashier's check after inspecting the car though).

3. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

I wouldn’t do it. Inspect your car first.

4. b_ack51

b_ack51 Member

It’s like that for everyone

You can pay at delivery which is what I plan on doing. ACH

5. siucity

siucity Button Pusher

You can wait until you inspect the car, then go into your Tesla account while you're there to do the ACH transfer.

• Like x 1
  6. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Yep, as other said, it opens up just before delivery. It makes the process quick and simple. And for the vast majority of people whose vehicle is in great shape, it is as easy as ordering on Amazon.

• Like x 1
  7. Vic4Model3

Vic4Model3 Member

If you rejected the car, Tesla takes it back, corrects all issues, then gives the same car back, for your inspection and acceptance.

I'd just pay in full ahead of delivery, then notice any issues at delivery and have them recorded. Get issues corrected at a later date and enjoy driving on your delivery day.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  8. frank69

frank69 Member

I'd bring a cashier's check...Don't be suckered into wiring the money early. What if you go there and there are major paint issues ?

9. NetBrowned

NetBrowned Member

Mine is similar, but there is no balance to pay - yet it says I need to complete this before delivery. I'm guessing as others said, I just handle this on Friday when I arrive, since there isn't any balance...