Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PCP / HP calculation prior to placing non-refundable deposit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

To order a Model 3, you need to place a non-refundable £100 deposit. Only then can you request a finance quote.

What if the quote comes back at 11% or whatever, and I can't continue. I just get screwed on the deposit?

Is there a way to apply for PCP / HP from BH prior to actually placing the deposit?

Many thanks,
Ewan

Hi guys,

To order a Model 3, you need to place a non-refundable £100 deposit. Only then can you request a finance quote.

What if the quote comes back at 11% or whatever, and I can't continue. I just get screwed on the deposit?

Is there a way to apply for PCP / HP from BH prior to actually placing the deposit?

Many thanks,
Ewan

You don't have to order to get a finance quote, I didn't. You just have to click estimate payment, and then scroll down to "Apply for Financing" once you have spec'd your car (see attached screenshot). You may have to chase them to see if you have been accepted, I had to call them.

I am not aware of any negotiation on the interest rate, I received the same 4.9% as everyone else has. The low figure of 1% was when they first started offering PCP.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-16 at 15.36.50.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-16 at 15.36.50.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: ringi
I believe 4.9% is not bad deal until some people saying 1.5%
I gave them a call to ask about this and both Black Horse and Tesla are saying 4.8-4.9% is non-negotiable at the moment. Maybe you could try your luck and push it more but I got feeling from both that asking for reduced rate is not what they are interested in doing at the moment. Guess they don’t have to with this amount of orders.

I gave them a call to ask about this and both Black Horse and Tesla are saying 4.8-4.9% is non-negotiable at the moment. Maybe you could try your luck and push it more but I got feeling from both that asking for reduced rate is not what they are interested in doing at the moment. Guess they don’t have to with this amount of orders.

I understand what you mean. Instead of spending 30 mins to call them, I would prefer work harder make it back.

I’m not too sure about PCP or HP, not too sure I would keep it after 4 years. I kind get feeling of driving someone else’s car with PCP. And it may cost more to insure with PCP as well.

I’m not too sure about PCP or HP, not too sure I would keep it after 4 years. I kind get feeling of driving someone else’s car with PCP. And it may cost more to insure with PCP as well.
PCP is just HP with part of the price deferred until the end of the term, other than that they both work pretty much the same way. Why would insurance be affected?

I've just had my finance application approved - it is valid for 90 days and you can then place your order. Happy days!

I tried to negotiate APR but they're only offering 4.9% now. Still, my BMW was nearer 6 so it's what you're willing to pay. I haven't ordered just yet as debating colour!

Greg

I've just had my finance application approved - it is valid for 90 days and you can then place your order. Happy days!

I tried to negotiate APR but they're only offering 4.9% now. Still, my BMW was nearer 6 so it's what you're willing to pay. I haven't ordered just yet as debating colour!

Greg
If you need a referral code for 1000 free supercharger miles, there is one in my profile ;)