Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl Front mounted Camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran across this at shop.pearlauto.com and it might be a quick fix for a front view while parking. No wiring and no cumbersome install.
Check it out. I'm just overly nervous about damage to lower front end (even with adjustable height).

Currently it doesn't look like Pearl supports forward-view — it's triggered automatically by movement, so if you put it on the front it would be on the entire time you're driving — and I'll bet the solar + battery isn't enough to power it for that much.

Found & interested in the same thing, had a chat with Pearl's support and found out the activation is really not the issue. According to the rep, the camera & transmission is turned on via the phone app (manually or automatically when the app starts).

The bad news is the image is flipped (mirrored, aka right side left) as this is designed for backing up.

Have you found any alternative solution to protect the front end when park?

Found & interested in the same thing, had a chat with Pearl's support and found out the activation is really not the issue. According to the rep, the camera & transmission is turned on via the phone app (manually or automatically when the app starts).

The bad news is the image is flipped (mirrored, aka right side left) as this is designed for backing up.

Have you found any alternative solution to protect the front end when park?

Sounds like that would be an easy app fix for them to implement.

I certainly think/hope so. I am surprise there isn't a lot of alternatives out there. Most of them require wiring for power/video signal. I might just give it a try if they decide to get in on the black Friday action.

If I am only using it for parking, maybe it doesn't matter that much even if the image is flipped since i wouldn't want to hit it regardless if its on the left or the right!