TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pearl Front mounted Camera

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Keiki, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Keiki

Keiki Member

I ran across this at shop.pearlauto.com and it might be a quick fix for a front view while parking. No wiring and no cumbersome install.
    Check it out. I'm just overly nervous about damage to lower front end (even with adjustable height).

2. Keiki

Keiki Member

Oops, the site for info is pearlauto.com. I would mount mine on the front license plate for a forward view. Already have a rear view.

3. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Currently it doesn't look like Pearl supports forward-view — it's triggered automatically by movement, so if you put it on the front it would be on the entire time you're driving — and I'll bet the solar + battery isn't enough to power it for that much.

4. Keiki

Keiki Member

Oh Well...That kinda suks.
    But thanks for info.

5. Found & interested in the same thing, had a chat with Pearl's support and found out the activation is really not the issue. According to the rep, the camera & transmission is turned on via the phone app (manually or automatically when the app starts).

The bad news is the image is flipped (mirrored, aka right side left) as this is designed for backing up.

Have you found any alternative solution to protect the front end when park?

6. brkaus

brkaus Member

Sounds like that would be an easy app fix for them to implement.