Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perf gets higher top speed, RWD more range, but no love for AWD???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you want them to lie to you too -- not just the P. Fine your car just improved too by .2 of a second with rollout.

Well, they wouldn't be lying to me if whatever variable they are using to measure is consistent between all models and it is clearly stated. One can debate whether 1 ft rollout is a proper way to list accel times for a product but as long as it's up front to the customer that they're all tested the same way then it doesn't matter to me what the number is. The point is being able to fairly judge between them and not see artificial gaps in performance because of scummy marketing tactics.

Well, they wouldn't be lying to me if whatever variable they are using to measure is consistent between all models and it is clearly stated. One can debate whether 1 ft rollout is a proper way to list accel times for a product but as long as it's up front to the customer that they're all tested the same way then it doesn't matter to me what the number is. The point is being able to fairly judge between them and not see artificial gaps in performance because of scummy marketing tactics.
I agree that these are scummy marketing tactics. Just don't feel bad about your AWD not getting some phantom increase that the P3D never got.