Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perfect MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our gray LR AWD was near perfect as well. Regarding charging your phone...why didn't you use the inductive phone charger that comes in the car, in the forward part of the center console? Unless of course your phone doesn't do inductive charging. If it does, you just lay it in the slot and it charges, and pretty fast too. Enjoy!

Congrats on the MY. I am having the same concerns hearing all the issues people are having. Reading and watching everything under the sun and somewhat nervous when delivery day happens (was supposed to be last Sunday but no word from Tesla).

Wanted to report a 'perfect' Model Y delivery. My parents took delivery of a MSM / black AWD with induction wheels last night. One issue - driver's door has to be shut harder than the other 3 doors for some reason. Latch seems to need adjusting, but other than that everything is in alignment - panels, trim, seats, charge port. All good.

They were delivering cars like crazy yesterday. Lots and lots of them. All of the Model Y's looked really good. This was the Superior, CO location. They had a few MY's on the lot with the white protective wrap still on them. Of those, a red one, had a noticeable trunk misalignment, but should be easily fixable. This location seems to be doing a decent job prepping the cars. The cars being delivered, both yesterday and last week when I got mine, were all clean and well presented. The staff is very friendly and helpful even though they're all super busy and running around like crazy with all the deliveries. I wanted to get another key card for ours and my mom wanted a fob. No luck, no extra key cards or fobs -- order online! Wow.

I was supposed to pick up my MY in Tampa 10 days ago but got delayed because they found a rear door problem that had to be fixed. I picked up the white, LR, AWD, black interior, 19" wheels last Friday. I could not find anything wrong. I drove the car home and found that it was as easy for me (6'1") to get in as was the 4 year old MX 90D that I traded in for the Y. I think the Y handles better than our M3, has less road noise, easier latching frunk lid and is of equally high quality build. My X by contrast VIN 3398 had some glaring build quality issues when I picked it up and later had multiple front door latch replacements and front half axle replacement. The X was more fun than the Y will ever be but nowhere near as useful and nowhere near as efficient on the road.

Just picked up my MSM/White/Perf/FSD/Towhitch MY this evening in Littleton, CO. I was originally scheduled to pick up tomorrow (Tuesday) but I called them this morning and asked if they had any openings and they fit me in at 5:30PM. My model ended up being VIN 234xx. The service center people definitely commented on how the models with >17xxx are having far fewer issues than the earlier models. I didnt check my vehicle for its "born on date" yet.

I have been following this forum for a few months and have been contributing and preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. With every good delivery and fitment post, I breathed a sigh of relief and for every bad experience i began to dread.

Today....was exceptional. The car was near perfect. Had i never read or watched all the "quality issues" I would never have noted a single thing. The paint was pretty flawless, the interior had a half centimeter smudge on the header but was otherwise perfect. The tail lights were off by maybe a millimeter. The rear seats were aligned and the trunk and frunk opened and closed easily. Panel gaps were not an issue. The glass was clean and scratch/crack free. Absolutely nothing that I would even make a service appointment for. The experience was surreal for sure. 150 Teslas on the lot and 20 or 30 people there picking up at 5:30PM. The telsa reps were kind, thorough and helpful taking time with those that needed help ("How do I unlock the charge port") and available for those of us who have spent hours every day for months reading every detail about a Tesla. It was the best car buying experience to date. I actually felt silly looking for all the "issues" i thought I would find.

On the drive home, the autopilot camera configured in about 20 minutes and drove us the entire way home without a hitch. The acceleration is ridiculous and there were no squeaks, rattles or other annoying sounds. It drives like a dream. I will need a bit of time to get the interface dialed in with all the radio options (will I ever miss XM radio? I doubt it). Wind noise at 60 mph was pretty much what i expected and will not be an issue for me especially rocking to the sound system.

The only thing that I had trouble with was getting my mobile charger to work. Apparently you need to really push it in hard to get it start charging. It kept on giving me a low charge and a yellow light. Once I pushed it in harder, all was good. User error only.

To say I was soooo happy is an understatement. I can only hope the rest of you that are waiting have the same experience. Im sure I will have some additional questions as I get to know my MY better and I appreciate your help along the way.
This sounds great, congrats.
My VIN is 237xx, so hopefully it has the same quality level as yours when I pick it up on Friday.

Where did they stash the repair kit? I don't see one. Maybe it's a state requirement.

It was just sitting in the back, next to the bag with the charge cable. I don't think it's a state requirement, cause Chevy didn't give me one for my Bolt. Unless the law changed in the last 3 years, which I suppose it might have. Maybe it was a mistake? Or they threw it in to be nice cause I had to stand around in the heat for an hour after my appointed time? (That seems unlikely.) It fits nicely in the shallow sub-trunk, or whatever we call that area under the lift-up floor, but it was on top when I got the car.

Wanted to report a 'perfect' Model Y delivery. My parents took delivery of a MSM / black AWD with induction wheels last night. One issue - driver's door has to be shut harder than the other 3 doors for some reason. Latch seems to need adjusting, but other than that everything is in alignment - panels, trim, seats, charge port. All good.

They were delivering cars like crazy yesterday. Lots and lots of them. All of the Model Y's looked really good. This was the Superior, CO location. They had a few MY's on the lot with the white protective wrap still on them. Of those, a red one, had a noticeable trunk misalignment, but should be easily fixable. This location seems to be doing a decent job prepping the cars. The cars being delivered, both yesterday and last week when I got mine, were all clean and well presented. The staff is very friendly and helpful even though they're all super busy and running around like crazy with all the deliveries. I wanted to get another key card for ours and my mom wanted a fob. No luck, no extra key cards or fobs -- order online! Wow.
I have found the service center folks at both Superior and Littleton to be exceptional. They are helpful (even though they have been crazy busy) and I never felt like I was inconveniencing them when I would jump in to ask a "quick question" about something. Great experience over all with the people.

Just picked up my MSM/White/Perf/FSD/Towhitch MY this evening in Littleton, CO. I was originally scheduled to pick up tomorrow (Tuesday) but I called them this morning and asked if they had any openings and they fit me in at 5:30PM. My model ended up being VIN 234xx. The service center people definitely commented on how the models with >17xxx are having far fewer issues than the earlier models. I didnt check my vehicle for its "born on date" yet.

I have been following this forum for a few months and have been contributing and preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. With every good delivery and fitment post, I breathed a sigh of relief and for every bad experience i began to dread.

Today....was exceptional. The car was near perfect. Had i never read or watched all the "quality issues" I would never have noted a single thing. The paint was pretty flawless, the interior had a half centimeter smudge on the header but was otherwise perfect. The tail lights were off by maybe a millimeter. The rear seats were aligned and the trunk and frunk opened and closed easily. Panel gaps were not an issue. The glass was clean and scratch/crack free. Absolutely nothing that I would even make a service appointment for. The experience was surreal for sure. 150 Teslas on the lot and 20 or 30 people there picking up at 5:30PM. The telsa reps were kind, thorough and helpful taking time with those that needed help ("How do I unlock the charge port") and available for those of us who have spent hours every day for months reading every detail about a Tesla. It was the best car buying experience to date. I actually felt silly looking for all the "issues" i thought I would find.

On the drive home, the autopilot camera configured in about 20 minutes and drove us the entire way home without a hitch. The acceleration is ridiculous and there were no squeaks, rattles or other annoying sounds. It drives like a dream. I will need a bit of time to get the interface dialed in with all the radio options (will I ever miss XM radio? I doubt it). Wind noise at 60 mph was pretty much what i expected and will not be an issue for me especially rocking to the sound system.

The only thing that I had trouble with was getting my mobile charger to work. Apparently you need to really push it in hard to get it start charging. It kept on giving me a low charge and a yellow light. Once I pushed it in harder, all was good. User error only.

To say I was soooo happy is an understatement. I can only hope the rest of you that are waiting have the same experience. Im sure I will have some additional questions as I get to know my MY better and I appreciate your help along the way.

I had a similar issue with my portable charger and got it replaced. It seems the 2 small contacts in the charger are to communicate with the car that the charger is in place and then the locking mechanism engages to lock the charger into the car and allow maximum power for the connection. If those pins a re misaligned they do not contact with the car properly. UNPLUG the charger from the WALL & THE CAR and look at them. You might even be able to move them to a proper alignment. If this solves the issue it will save you a trip to service. This likely is a charger issue and not the car.

Can you control SiriusXM via steering wheel controls and/or center touchscreen? Or do you have to monkey around with your phone for everything?
Sadly I'm still a model y reservation holder not an owner, so I only have my lexus rx right now. There, I just turn the phone to car mode (android auto) and just use my voice (ie hey Google, play the beatles channel on siriusxm)

Some states require a tire repair kit be included with new vehicle purchases. Maryland is likely one of those states.

Okay, thanks. Ah, here we go...

If a new Class A (passenger) or Class M (multipurpose) motor vehicle is sold in this State, the manufacturer shall equip the motor vehicle with a spare tire that conforms with the requirements in § 22-405 of this subtitle, unless:

(1) The tire-wheel system of the motor vehicle provides a run-flat capability by which a partially inflated driving surface becomes available in the event of a tire failure;

(2) The motor vehicle is equipped with a factory-installed temporary tire repair and inflation system; or

(3) Technological improvements, consistent with applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards, become available.​

The Bolt has run-flat tires (which I think in their case just means they're pre-loaded with the liquid sealant, so it's a little bit marginal if you ask me), so that's why it didn't have to come with a repair kit.

Ah well, I got my return tag, so I just gotta go drop it in a Fedex box. The restocking fee is kinda steep, but the prepaid postage pretty well makes up for that.