Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

performance and non-prof ratio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the Model 3 breakdown according to TeslaFi's fleet:

Performance...............1480 .....18%
Long Range DM..........4181 ......50%
Long Range.................1254......15%
Mid Range...................1135.......14%
Standard Range Plus...174........2%
Standard Range...........87..........1%
Total.............................8311.......100%

The ratio is 2.8:1 for LRD to Perf

FWIW, it's the exact same 2.8 ratio for Model Y (355 LRD to 125 Perf)

This also represents a very small % of total model 3s sold. I would hypothesize that there is a higher ratio of enthusiasts (likely P3D owners) using Tesla Fi vs. everyday owners who likely have a non dual motor etc. but we don't see them ever on Tesla Fi.

FWIW in the Bay Area where there are a ton of M3s, I very rarely see a P3D... And I am hyper sensitive to seeing them as I have one, so always trying to spot them. Definitely less than 1:20

This also represents a very small % of total model 3s sold. I would hypothesize that there is a higher ratio of enthusiasts (likely P3D owners) using Tesla Fi vs. everyday owners who likely have a non dual motor etc. but we don't see them ever on Tesla Fi.

FWIW in the Bay Area where there are a ton of M3s, I very rarely see a P3D... And I am hyper sensitive to seeing them as I have one, so always trying to spot them. Definitely less than 1:20

completely agree. The SR+ is by far the most common here in Australia and the P3D/AWD you really dont see that often.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and lozza

Right - the skew in the data is quite strong. And we know the SR+ is a huge seller - certainly not 2%. Just likely to folks who get in their car and drive it; not folks who are paying to see mostly meaningless data ....

I have no data but in Germany it looks like LR AWD seems
to be the big winner.

That's because for the person who buys a tesla an SR+ is worthless in Germany. Range not high enough to cruise fast on the Autobahn.

Even when we flog it here in the Australian rural single highways at 140kmh, with all the little towns, intersections, cars ahead you might have to slow down for the average speed only works out to be maybe 90kmh-95kmh. This is reflected in good range.

In Norway it's almost exactly 10:1, All Model 3 : Performance Model 3

Keep in mind almost nobody buys RWD due to climate, and the LR/MR-single motor was not available or very rare when the car actuallyw ent on sale

As an owner of an LR RWD and SR+, I have to say that the sentiment that you'd be screwed with RWD is not the case... cars handle really well (with snow tires). Would AWD be better? Sure, but RWD is no slouch compared to my previous FWD cars.

• Love
Reactions: GSP
The problem with those stats are that they are not actually stats of cars sold. They are the stats of respondents to the survey which may be dramatically skewed from the actual numbers. Clearly we don’t know if the respondents are a true cross section of the buyers. As an example there could be a huge percentage of SR+ buyers who buy the car for basic transportation and have never heard of Tesla-fi or TMC so don’t respond to online polls. I for example have bought quite a few new Teslas and have never gone to Tesla-fi.

Well I have had a few dig outs in the Boston area with RWD's and it was quite fun.
In Vermont, without 4 wheel drive you were out of luck on some days.
The sr+ could have worked here but when we have friends with us, well the charging
stops are not that much fun, on all day trips. carry on.