Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance charge limit….

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M1tch

2021 M3P with EAP
Nov 16, 2021
Gloucester, England
Good evening all,

I took delivery of my M3P yesterday and love it. Absolutely perfect on delivery - apart from it had been washed by a chimp with a dirty cloth. Anyway, 160 mile drive straight away and it was amazing. After all the excitement I’ve noticed there is no daily or trip charge limits. Does this mean I have the new battery type and 100% all the time is ok?

I only ask as I’d seen this on the other models but not the performance. Only done 90% so far but not sure going forwards. Any help or advice appreciated

7EE5EC95-FA46-479A-9123-CB52C91C9E0C.jpeg

Upvote 0
Does that help? Sorry if I’m being a toilet, only 24 hours into ownership and that doesn’t look like what I’ve seen online thus far.

It’s a brand new, direct from Tesla, model 3 performance in the United Kingdom, England. Delivered yesterday ( 16 dec )

not quite.... you need to click " SET LIMIT" button as if you were going to change the set charging limit, then take a picture of the screen you see there, and post that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
Also, when setting the charge to 100% it suggests 310 miles not the 340 as advertised. Again, not sure if this is normal?

Ignore that charging limit at 100% (or read this 177 page thread about range, battery degredation, etc, although I dont recommend you do that)

You can post any range questions you have in that thread. The short version is, its an estimate, ignore it (or dont, and go down the research rabbit hole in the thread above and other places). In the US, a model 3 performance is rated for 315 miles (not 340) but europe uses a different (even more unrealistic) rating than EPA, and you will never get either one of those numbers in regular driving anyway so it should be ignored.

You would be the first person who reported having a LFP battery in a performance model 3 so I am fairly certain you dont have that, but the "daily / trip" section shows up when you go to change the limit "in the car".

Upvote 0