TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Performance Plus + suspension ---> regular suspension owners

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DillyBop, Feb 2, 2017.

1. DillyBop

DillyBop Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Middleburg, VA
    question for those who have owned either a P85+ or a pre-April 2015 P85D (i.e. has the + suspension), and now have a P90D or P100D.....

how big of a drop off in driving quality/fun is it?

is it possible to enjoy a "regular suspension" Model S after living with the Performance Plus suspension for so long?

i'm thinking of getting a P100D but i drove an 85D loaner about a year ago and it was terrible!!! lifeless, disconnected steering. even in "comfort" mode it was ponderous and slow. i was so put off. whereas my P85D+ was light on its feet, point and shoot, nimble, with razor sharp steering and reflexes.

please tell me the new P100D has better driving feel than that loaner i got.
  2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Jun 24, 2014
    Santa Cruz Mountains, USA
    I find the same point and shoot lightness in my P85+. I love it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Fairfax County Virginia
    I love mine. The wife's 90d is so float boat
    • Like x 1

ITSELE Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Goodyear, AZ
    I've been living with a P85DL with pre-April + suspension for the past 2 years. I test drove a P100D last night. I thought I'd be blown away by the increased speed, better seats, Autopilot 2.0, etc. Both have new tires, although the guy had his tire pressure at like 36 psi. I agree with DillyBop 100%. My car feels much tighter and nimble. The P100D was more "floaty" and drove more like a luxury car than a sports car compared to my + suspension. The P100D didn't really feel faster with a 75% charge. I'm so spoiled. I read about an aftermarket suspension upgrade I saw on a car for sale. Not sure what that meant, but if I owned a P100D, that would be the first thing I did. Guess I'm keeping my P85DL+ until the roadster comes out.
    • Like x 1