Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade ride quality?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you had the chance to take the Y around any corners at speed yet? How would you say it handles compared to your M4? Anywhere remotely close as far as sticking to the ground and not a ton of body roll, or is the Y in full crossover handling territory?

definitely can’t compare to my M4 but decent around corners (I wouldn’t take a right turn at 40-50mph for example - some body roll but not significant, pretty stable since 21” performance sits lower. I figure if you have a crossover you wouldn’t be taking hard turns all the time right?

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
definitely can’t compare to my M4 but decent around corners (I wouldn’t take a right turn at 40-50mph for example - some body roll but not significant, pretty stable since 21” performance sits lower. I figure if you have a crossover you wouldn’t be taking hard turns all the time right?
Update from my prior post and I agree with statement above too. I took an entrance ramp at 70ish mph felt a little roll and exit ramp too slowing down. I feel it was a little more roll than my Porsche Macan, but then I am not certain I would've made it to those speeds on the entrance ramp either due to the quick acceleration. I am very happy with the performance Model Y and handing. If I find the roll too much I think you can get springs changed to more performance ones (saw a set on the forum the other day for 300ish and roughly 300ish installed). Certainly not needed, but if you want to drive more aggressively an option.

Probably, but that's why I don't have a crossover haha. I have a golf R currently. I'm hoping the Y can at least come close to the handling due to the heavy low center of gravity. Basically I want a model 3 with a hatch, and the Y is the closest thing.

Probably, but that's why I don't have a crossover haha. I have a golf R currently. I'm hoping the Y can at least come close to the handling due to the heavy low center of gravity. Basically I want a model 3 with a hatch, and the Y is the closest thing.

yes I would say the Y would be the closest thing :) if it weren’t the the technology I woulda gotten an X4M or X5M