Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from Tesla and was given a choice: I had ordered a Performance but w/o the PUP (for various reasons detailed elsewhere). But, they told me that configuration wouldn't be made again until sometime this summer, so I could either stick with Performance w/o PUP and wait until some indeterminate time later this year, or switch to including PUP and he guaranteed I'd get it before the end of the month.

So of course all my reasoning went out the window in favor of WANT IT NOW, and gave the go-ahead to add that to my order and I'll be assigned a VIN in time for delivery in March.

Reactions: xchx
Maybe because I haven't got the delivery text?
From what I was told by my SA, typically you will see the VIN in the source when your car is assigned the VIN prior to production and then the VIN will actually show up when production is completed and the car is guaranteed to be yours. There are exceptions of course. I still don't have mine showing and I found it in the source yesterday morning.

Reactions: ofcorona
So I called the DC, and she told me my car is built and waiting to be loaded on a transit truck. This is why I still have not get a text to schedule my delivery. Then she also told me , if it does ship out today, it won't be at Burbank DC the next day because it makes stops before heading there. So I am looking at Thursday or Friday delivery day to be safe!

That's great news! Looking forward to hearing your delivery day story :)

Reactions: ofcorona
Mine is in transit as well according to my SA. Says it's in Arizona. Will be able to move up delivery once it gets to Alabama. How long does it take to get from there? Do you guys know a way to track shipment?

My SA says he was able to track my car via GPS and was able to verify it is still in the Chicago rail yard. They can't give me an ETA so my delivery appointment for Friday will be canceled. Doing some searching I see that some people in the past have had their car stuck on the rail car for up to 3 weeks. I sure am hoping it won't take that long.

Point being if yours is coming by rail you might experience a delay.

Last edited: