Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still nothing heard from OA, VIN assignment, or delivery date. Ordered 4/13. Performance Blue/Black, FSD. Hope to hear something within the next few days as there are a couple of other users who have similar orders Blue/Black (w/wo FSD) in the my same region (North East)

Does anyone know where to buy Tire and Wheel Insurance? Tesla doesn't appear to offer it and all of the insurance companies I contacted only sell their policies through dealerships. Can't risk it with the 20" wheels and low profile tires!

My theory as to why some people get their cars and others don't is that it's purely logistical.

They prepare a truck to head to a certain area then they take all of the orders in that area and try to put a car they have ready on that truck matching that order. So it seems random but it's just incidental to the logistics of shipping.

I'm not defending this approach I'm just saying that that's what I think is happening.

My theory as to why some people get their cars and others don't is that it's purely logistical.

They prepare a truck to head to a certain area then they take all of the orders in that area and try to put a car they have ready on that truck matching that order. So it seems random but it's just incidental to the logistics of shipping.

I'm not defending this approach I'm just saying that that's what I think is happening.

Likely. I'm not sure if FSD comes into play in prioritizing delivery, but it would make sense. I'd have to hope that if some had been waiting 8 weeks w/o FSD and someone 2 weeks with FSD that they'd prioritize the patience customer but at the moment there's no indication that is happening.

Also, good luck with your order, I think at the moment you're still the longest waiting person? Unless you got your update and I didn't notice? 7 weeks from order to delivery is ridiculous. 12 weeks is horrible.

Likely. I'm not sure if FSD comes into play in prioritizing delivery, but it would make sense. I'd have to hope that if some had been waiting 8 weeks w/o FSD and someone 2 weeks with FSD that they'd prioritize the patience customer but at the moment there's no indication that is happening.

Also, good luck with your order, I think at the moment you're still the longest waiting person? Unless you got your update and I didn't notice? 7 weeks from order to delivery is ridiculous. 12 weeks is horrible.
I've been waiting 66 days so far.
I don't see any I indication that someone else has received Red with White in Canada yet.

Ordered White with Black interior with FSD on April 19th. No VIN yet. 2 week estimate. What is the standard wait time?

Thanks
I ordered the same configuration a day before you and am taking delivery tomorrow morning. I got the VIN on Saturday in my account after I got a text saying prepare for delivery. Hopefully super soon for you! I'm in socal if that makes any difference. Seems delivery times are super all over the place without much of a pattern, to be honest.

I ordered the same configuration a day before you and am taking delivery tomorrow morning. I got the VIN on Saturday in my account after I got a text saying prepare for delivery. Hopefully super soon for you! I'm in socal if that makes any difference. Seems delivery times are super all over the place without much of a pattern, to be honest.

I ordered the same configuration on 4/7 and still don’t have a VIN or delivery date. I’m in NC.