Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OA just ‘heard from the factory.’ I live in Fremont. Ordered 4/14. Red and white. I was quoted ****ing 6/4 as my production date. SEVEN WEEKS. I love this company but that’s my red line. No more Tesla for me. 7 is farrrrrrr away from delivered within 2 (especially when I know good and well other people who ordered after me got theirs).

I totally get it, and that does suck. We all know what you’re going thru. I’m in the same boat, no vin or DD or communication about the white on black car I was going to try for that was in inventory. I’m giving it until Friday and I may just cancel my order and keep my Civic type R

My OA just ‘heard from the factory.’ I live in Fremont. Ordered 4/14. Red and white. I was quoted ****ing 6/4 as my production date. SEVEN WEEKS. I love this company but that’s my red line. No more Tesla for me. 7 is farrrrrrr away from delivered within 2 (especially when I know good and well other people who ordered after me got theirs).

Ordering 4/14 and getting 6/4 production is quite bad. Sorry to hear about this.

This is so stressful that my boys said let’s go for flights....

Attachments

• DBAD464F-E2FE-43AE-9925-02EF9F022D04.jpeg
    DBAD464F-E2FE-43AE-9925-02EF9F022D04.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 62

1. That really sucks.
2. If you find the right sales person, you can call every day and they can turn up options that aren't listed on the public inventory site. In two days of calling, I was offered a Performance white/white one day and a Performance with the old silver on black the other. So the cars are around, but they don't look unless you call and wait on the phone while they do it. (I was pretty tempted by the unicorn silver, but there was only like $100 off and blue is really our first choice... trying to hold on...)
3. There's not even a point to an order that will be delivered in June. Just cancel and do the end-of-quarter deal to get thousands off. It seems they got really stupid with the discounts in March.

(If anyone wants the silver, I think it was in the Boston area, 47 miles, like I said, no real discount. But, distinctive.)

1. That really sucks.
2. If you find the right sales person, you can call every day and they can turn up options that aren't listed on the public inventory site. In two days of calling, I was offered a Performance white/white one day and a Performance with the old silver on black the other. So the cars are around, but they don't look unless you call and wait on the phone while they do it. (I was pretty tempted by the unicorn silver, but there was only like $100 off and blue is really our first choice... trying to hold on...)
3. There's not even a point to an order that will be delivered in June. Just cancel and do the end-of-quarter deal to get thousands off. It seems they got really stupid with the discounts in March.

(If anyone wants the silver, I think it was in the Boston area, 47 miles, like I said, no real discount. But, distinctive.)

See that kinda bothers me, as my order is a white on white and I called in last week about the white on black and heard nothing. And people are being offer a configuration that others have order. Oh well T- 7 days for them, if not order is going to be cancelled

See that kinda bothers me, as my order is a white on white and I called in last week about the white on black and heard nothing. And people are being offer a configuration that others have order. Oh well T- 7 days for them, if not order is going to be cancelled

It’s the one mentioned earlier in the thread — Tennessee or something. May have had some miles on it, I forget. It was one of those that ‘just showed up’ one day when I called the person and she looked. Same as the silver. You have to call and bug them and see what they come up with. It definitely was not ‘just offered’ as in they call me with an option. (I was ‘just offered’ their test drive car, for what it’s worth)

Update...

They offered to give me a Silver/White on Tuesday and take 2000$ off my price (I had Red/White). Probably okay since silver might go better with my color scheme (blacked out rims, chrome, and window tint). Still not *awesome* experience wise but feels like an okay compromise.

It’s the one mentioned earlier in the thread — Tennessee or something. May have had some miles on it, I forget. It was one of those that ‘just showed up’ one day when I called the person and she looked. Same as the silver. You have to call and bug them and see what they come up with. It definitely was not ‘just offered’ as in they call me with an option. (I was ‘just offered’ their test drive car, for what it’s worth)
Oh, still, I asked for picture of that vehicle to make a decision on it, and no ever got back to me about it or anything. I hate having to bug and or plea with people to get stuff. I know their busy, I think I would be a little easier if they had at least not thrown out my trade value after 2. That’s what is making me more upset. Others have a full trade evaluation done where they won’t do mine until I have vin.

Well
Update...

They offered to give me a Silver/White on Tuesday and take 2000$ off my price (I had Red/White). Probably okay since silver might go better with my color scheme (blacked out rims, chrome, and window tint). Still not *awesome* experience wise but feels like an okay compromise.
congrats sounds like you are now the owner of a silver M3P

Oh, still, I asked for picture of that vehicle to make a decision on it, and no ever got back to me about it or anything. I hate having to bug and or plea with people to get stuff. I know their busy, I think I would be a little easier if they had at least not thrown out my trade value after 2. That’s what is making me more upset. Others have a full trade evaluation done where they won’t do mine until I have vin.

FWIW, I called about the same car. The guy was pretty frustrated as he has fielded several calls about it, originating from here. According to him, the car is not in their inventory, it is in California. I don't know if he is confused, or the other employee who helped the other poster was confused, or what. But given my conversation with him, you didn't get pictures because they don't have the car.

FWIW, I called about the same car. The guy was pretty frustrated as he has fielded several calls about it, originating from here. According to him, the car is not in their inventory, it is in California. I don't know if he is confused, or the other employee who helped the other poster was confused, or what. But given my conversation with him, you didn't get pictures because they don't have the car.

Totally get that, they could have at least said that in a follow up.

Just got the text that my delivery is scheduled to my home on 5/8 between 10 am - 12pm. Keep the hope up!!!!

That’s awesome congrats! What was your configuration again? I’m hoping white on white.
I got a text too — 5/7 (blue/black no FSD ordered 4/8 to PA). But my account still shows the old (higher) price. I guess I need to make some calls in the morning to get that fixed.

Congratulations! Happy you guys! Still waiting central over here.