Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contacted my OA today and he told me I had a scheduled date of 5/18. No VIN showing yet in my account and is still showing me on step "2 of 4" (Prepare for Delivery) and I'm not sure when I get the MVPA.

Blue/Black/FSD.
Last few days before delivery or after your trade is finalize because they cant calculate the final tax amount until the trade is process. If you do not have a trade then it will come closer to your delivery date.

I'm feeling pretty defeated.

I tried to arrange a call with my OA yesterday and he never called me back when he said he would. I called the Retail Store, and talked to a guy who couldn't get over how long I had waited but couldn't do anything. I asked to speak to a manger. They said he was on a call and they could get him to call me back in 10 minutes. He didn't. After an hour I called back and got transferred to him right away.

He can't do anything either about figuring out an estimate. I kept trying to figure out if ANY Performance with White interior had shown up in Canada lately. He seemed surprised I would consider getting it from elsewhere cause it would "add $2000 to get it shipped and with the Model 3 people don't do that" I thought that was about the most ignorant bullshit he could say to me given I've been waiting over 2 months, the car has dropped 6000 dollars in that time and I'm currently willing to spend $2200 on paint. Let alone that maybe they should ship it here and dismiss the fee because I've been waiting 2 months. I was very angry after speaking with him.

Regardless of asking him to find the correct config, I was mostly asking whether they can confirm they don't expect to see Red with White until June and what the alternative models they have are. My OA has told me weeks ago that they have a Black with White interior in inventory, but when I've pushed for more details that's when he's not called me back. When forced to I usually steel my resolve and keep waiting until the next weekend approaches. (I live on an island and the only time I could go pick up a car is the weekend when I have time to take a 3 hour journey involving a ferry to potentially go pick up a car). Now I've found out it's gone. The alternative option that I'm more tempted than ever to take is gone, cause he wouldn't call me back last Friday.

This manager guy says he'll call around to see what he can find and call me back. He didn't. So I'm angry all last night and had a hard time sleeping. This morning I call every Retail Store in Canada, (there are only 10) and manage to find a Performance Black with White interior in Calgary with 1200 km on it. It's a Demo car and they offer $1100 off of it. I'm tempted to have it shipped to Vancouver and take it to get this whole thing over with. I would very much like to never speak to someone at Tesla again.

Reactions: phlevcar

I tried to arrange a call with my OA yesterday and he never called me back when he said he would. I called the Retail Store, and talked to a guy who couldn't get over how long I had waited but couldn't do anything. I asked to speak to a manger. They said he was on a call and they could get him to call me back in 10 minutes. He didn't. After an hour I called back and got transferred to him right away.

He can't do anything either about figuring out an estimate. I kept trying to figure out if ANY Performance with White interior had shown up in Canada lately. He seemed surprised I would consider getting it from elsewhere cause it would "add $2000 to get it shipped and with the Model 3 people don't do that" I thought that was about the most ignorant bullshit he could say to me given I've been waiting over 2 months, the car has dropped 6000 dollars in that time and I'm currently willing to spend $2200 on paint. Let alone that maybe they should ship it here and dismiss the fee because I've been waiting 2 months. I was very angry after speaking with him.

Regardless of asking him to find the correct config, I was mostly asking whether they can confirm they don't expect to see Red with White until June and what the alternative models they have are. My OA has told me weeks ago that they have a Black with White interior in inventory, but when I've pushed for more details that's when he's not called me back. When forced to I usually steel my resolve and keep waiting until the next weekend approaches. (I live on an island and the only time I could go pick up a car is the weekend when I have time to take a 3 hour journey involving a ferry to potentially go pick up a car). Now I've found out it's gone. The alternative option that I'm more tempted than ever to take is gone, cause he wouldn't call me back last Friday.

This manager guy says he'll call around to see what he can find and call me back. He didn't. So I'm angry all last night and had a hard time sleeping. This morning I call every Retail Store in Canada, (there are only 10) and manage to find a Performance Black with White interior in Calgary with 1200 km on it. It's a Demo car and they offer $1100 off of it. I'm tempted to have it shipped to Vancouver and take it to get this whole thing over with. I would very much like to never speak to someone at Tesla again.

Sorry to hear that Clockwork. Although I've only been waiting since 4/14, I feel your pain. It's a nightmare trying to get ahold of anyone within the company. I can't ever get an update from anyone I've talked to and the only thing my OA says is that "He'll make a few phone calls". I really doubt he does anything because he never calls back. This whole process is a joke and I'm starting to think that the regular "dealership" car buying experience isn't half that bad.

[...]

That's really tough. I was also frustrated by how often I got no response to a call or e-mail. Doesn't Tesla have a new employee orientation for sales staff where they emphasize things like, I don't know, responding to prospective customers? It's crazy. Then maybe they could teach their new hires in Logistics how to send cars to customers that have been waiting the longest!

I was sorely tempted to go with a second-choice color just to end the waiting. I guess I'm fortunate in that they seem to be shipping more cars to the East Coast than Canada, so I eventually got a delivery date. (Still don't have the price fixed, still haven't been contacted by anyone at Tesla outside of an impersonal text message with the date, but at least it's a date.)

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I would say if you waited this long wait a week or 2 more and get what you would like. No point contacting them. They are useless and unhelpful plus give false hope.

I just talked to a sales advisor at a local showroom. He looked up some vehicles, including my account, and let me know I didn’t have a VIN. Not too surprising since I only ordered 8 days ago. He said they have no information about production but Tesla did purchase 40000 VINs from the government yesterday, according to electrek and they should be “pumping them out.” He also said if I wanted a white black LR AWD it would add 1k or 2k transportation expense depending on where they get it from. He guaranteed delivery by the end of the quarter and asked if I had a car that worked at the moment. So, this week or next may not help. June 29th could be more accurate.

I was in your shoes, and decided to take another color. What I would recommend is, taking the black and wrapping it red with that 1100 you saved. It ends the terrible wait and puts some ( and I mean a tiny little bit of pain) I wanted white on white but after my conversation yesterday and being told that white on white wasn’t in production and the best guess he as seen is about 2-4 more weeks. Not saying I totally believe him. However it kinda lines up with what is going on. I’m just to help. But I think it’s a good idea. Just think it will be red with white seats and the paint is protected as well. Hope this helps you bro. Because I know how it feels.

Well, I now have a reservation. Ended up white/black. But the site is telling me I must take delivery at dealer, which is a problem. I'm 180 miles away, but my trade in is no longer registered. Supposed to talk to my advisor in the morning. Also never saw place for referral code.

Not sure what is going on with things, had a different person reach out to me who is now my advisor. And it turns out that there is a vehicle they'll match to me. In my configuration, 750 miles with an $850 adjustment. So I have to think about that, I sent some questions about it.

I am also White on White. Ordered 4/3 and waiting.
I was offered immediately a white on white car but with a ding on the paint and 2000 miles for $5000 off but before price drop and to me not worth it since I had to pay for transportation and too many miles in my opinion.

My concern was an upcoming trip May 9 for 10 days.

At least after reading info here on white on white I am pretty sure my car will not be ready until returning from my trip. I still don't understand why the ordering page still shows available within 2 weeks.

After test driving the car and learning about energy, self driving, etc. I purchased Tesla stock. I Never expected the Achilles heel of this company would be inability to deliver the product.

I have to say that its darn easy to update a website and not create false expectations for the customers. Creating a myriad of phone calls and dissatisfaction. Its better to show 8 weeks for delivery and get it sooner than the current system.

I hope they can ramp up production and sort out this whole issue with cars not having badges, spoilers, etc.

Well guys and gals, delivery appointment has been made. 5/14/19 at 12pm. They had it at the DC in Tyson va, but they just switched it to a home delivery. Don’t know how I feel about that. But can always switch it to the store.

I'm with you, just did the same thing and abandoned my White/White for a MSM/White that was already in transit to a relatively nearby location. No delivery date yet, but I just made the call earlier. I got the exact same details of a potential wait of 3-6 weeks for white. Here's hoping for a quick VIN/delivery turnaround.

Last edited: