Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! I hope you all get your cars real soon and that they’re free of defects!

I just took delivery of my white on black with FSD yesterday morning and couldn’t be happier (also updated the spreadsheet). A couple of surprises: spoiler and badge were already installed when I met my car. Also, they now throw in the J1772 to Tesla charge adapter with the stock charge kit, which I was unaware of.

I had a software scare where for some reason my side mirrors wouldn’t unfold and the Delivery Advisor could’t figure out. Took a soft reboot, but they’re now working nominally.

All in all, the product I received is beautiful and free of cosmetic defects. No operational or performance defects yet that I can tell. Customer service throughout? Mediocre. The lady that gave me the vehicle orientation before I drove off was the best semblance of customer service... of course, I had already signed and paid at that point.

Godspeed, folks! Crossing my fingers for speedy and flawless deliveries for you all!

The J1772 has always been there, apparently, according to my rep.

Can you post pictures of your car with spoiler? Thanks!

Just confirmed with the sales manager that my black/black Performance 3 has the spoiler and badge on it from the factory. He put eyes on it himself personally. Pick up tomorrow, woohoo!

Seems like in some way they’re catching up on these things!

Though mine had the badging at delivery, a mobile tech had to come out this week to try and fit a spoiler onto my silver P3D. He had six brand new spoilers and only one was a close enough fit that we both thought it was worth a shot. He says the issue all along with the first batch, and the newest bunch, is the angle and the raised edges at the ends of the spoiler. It sits more around the trunk, than on top of it. I like the look, but hope the hot temps of summer, or the colder temps of winter don't make the ends bow away from the car. The tech says he also worries that the spoiler is a tempting handle to pull down on, when closing the trunk. Just an odd design.
IMG_20190429_132111-1.jpg

I just took delivery of my white on black with FSD yesterday morning and couldn’t be happier (also updated the spreadsheet). A couple of surprises: spoiler and badge were already installed when I met my car. Also, they now throw in the J1772 to Tesla charge adapter with the stock charge kit, which I was unaware of.

Can confirm, took delivery of my black/white today in Marina del Rey with spoiler and badge preinstalled. Had a couple small paint defects, one of which was mostly buffed out on site. The other was a little paint chip which they covered with some touch-up paint. Car has HW3 and came with the NEMA 14-50 adapter

Every configuration has a waiting room, not just performance.
That said most popular colors on the road by me in order
Black, midnight silver, blue, white, have only seen One red
Most are buying the least expensive car
So I would expect since that’s what people are ordering,
That’s what is being produced......
Inventory also reflects orders

Though mine had the badging at delivery, a mobile tech had to come out this week to try and fit a spoiler onto my silver P3D. He had six brand new spoilers and only one was a close enough fit that we both thought it was worth a shot. He says the issue all along with the first batch, and the newest bunch, is the angle and the raised edges at the ends of the spoiler. It sits more around the trunk, than on top of it. I like the look, but hope the hot temps of summer, or the colder temps of winter don't make the ends bow away from the car. The tech says he also worries that the spoiler is a tempting handle to pull down on, when closing the trunk. Just an odd design.
View attachment 403088

Honestly if it’s fully adhered to the trunk, I think using it as a handle shouldn’t do any damage. Obviously best not to, though.

Placed order today 5/1/2019

P3D
Red/White/FSD

I drive past the Fremont plant area on my commute. I saw 5 trucks total today driving around loaded with M3 cars. No red, 3 white, everything else mostly black and grey, maybe 6-8 blue. Not a single white interior that I could make out. All had standard rims with no hub caps. 1 truck seemed to be all AWD cars.

Hey everyone! I hope you all get your cars real soon and that they’re free of defects!

I had a software scare where for some reason my side mirrors wouldn’t unfold and the Delivery Advisor could’t figure out. Took a soft reboot, but they’re now working nominally.

All in all, the product I received is beautiful and free of cosmetic defects. No operational or performance defects yet that I can tell. Customer service throughout? Mediocre. The lady that gave me the vehicle orientation before I drove off was the best semblance of customer service... of course, I had already signed and paid at that point.

Godspeed, folks! Crossing my fingers for speedy and flawless deliveries for you all!
Awesome bluepill. Congratulations! I am glad your car is flawless. Thanks for reporting back about the spoiler situation. Godspeed and best of all.... performance-speed.

Ordered on 4/25, black on black, no FSD. Got email and updated status at website this evening with VIN. Delivery scheduled for May 7 in Portland, OR. Hoping I still get 14-50 plug as I plan to have that socket installed in garage.