Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Red / Black on Aug 3rd Performance, no delayed text from Tesla, no other communication or VIN yet..

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else with a color other than white get a delay text? Seems the answer is “no” so far.

But yeah, Tesla needs to change “within two weeks” to reflect reality. Or at least clue their delivery advisors in. They seem to know less than we do.

I ordered M3 performance white/black Aug 5. Just got tesla text: “Thank you for ordering your Model 3! We are waiting for a few finishing touches to be made on your vehicle. Please expect another 4-5 weeks before we reach out to schedule you for delivery.” What?!?!! Is this right? I’m located near the factor and my sales guy told me last week he got an update that I should see delivery end of Aug. he said the delay has been filling European orders with driving setup on the right side. They just reconfigured the factory to fill North America orders.

Performance Red on white FSD ordered July 29th. I'm near SF so I opted delivery at the SF location over Fremont. No updates for almost 3 weeks. Went in to a service center for my wife's M3 and asked about my order. They contacted the rep that apparently was assigned to my order the whole time. He emailed me asking how he could help, I replied same day asking if he could check on my order and no response. I pinged him again 4 days later and he finally responds that they're experiencing delays and he estimates early September for mine.

Yeah, the comms on these orders are just horrid. The delay sucks, but being left in the dark makes it much worse. I see people today are at least getting texts about the delay, but I haven't.

They should fire their PR person writing these texts. I agree it’s good to finally get a real update but the text suggest the car is build “finishing the final touches on your car” which suggests the car is built and they are just preparing for delivery. Rather 4-5 more weeks means the car is not even started - these thing only take 5-7 days to manufacture.

Reactions: Phlier
Ordered white on white performance on Aug 22. Called the 888 number to ask a few questions today. I was told that the factory is currently only making European cars right now and that my car will be completed on Sept 10th. I would be taking delivery at the Fremont Factory

My first experience and call, so that's what I was told. All I can do now is wait and see if what I was told was true.

Is this the horrible customer service I have been reading about? How is this acceptable?
Yes, unfortunately, it is. And you're right, it is not acceptable.

To our family, the car is so fantastic that we are able to completely overlook the long and horrible experience that we had throughout not just the buying experience, but also getting the darn thing registered.

Once Elon gets to the bottom of the customer base that is willing to go through hell to get his cars, he's going to have a rude awakening.

He needs to throw cash at the customer service side of the company. A lot of it. Now.

Order secured. White/white performance ordered 8/24. I’m told patience is a virtue now...

No matter how slow it is for delivery, it will be way faster and massively less painful than the wait I had for my BMW M3 and European delivery experience. I ordered in May, drove the car in Germany for a few days in November, then finally received it at home at the end of January the following year, eight months from the order date.

Reactions: Phlier
The difference here is the factory is in Fremont and their website and sales folks say estimate within 2 weeks, to entice an order. It would be different if they said up front that the wait will be 2 months then I can decide to keep my existing car or decide on a different auto make.

The difference here is the factory is in Fremont and their website and sales folks say estimate within 2 weeks, to entice an order. It would be different if they said up front that the wait will be 2 months then I can decide to keep my existing car or decide on a different auto make.

I feel the same!!! I have a trade in as well!!! Would have waited if I knew it was 2 months

Ordered white on white performance on Aug 22. Called the 888 number to ask a few questions today. I was told that the factory is currently only making European cars right now and that my car will be completed on Sept 10th. I would be taking delivery at the Fremont Factory

My first experience and call, so that's what I was told. All I can do now is wait and see if what I was told was true.
Cool, you got a specific date! So by that logic I should expect mine finished in Fremont for pickup by Sept 1(Aug 13th order). :)

Just so you guys have another reference point, I placed my order online on 8/14
white exterior
black interior
performance
fsd

I stopped into a local Tesla store on 8/18 to ask a couple questions and get try to get some estimate of delivery . The guy at the store told me that my car wasn't slated for production until around 9/15 (I don't remember exact date he stated) and that I should expect delivery around 9/22.

I spoke with some current model 3 owners on a different forum and they told me there is no way a guy at the store could look into the system and see that info... who knows