Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, 100%. Tesla is horrible at communication. If they said it takes about a month from the start, it would suck, but it would keep expectations in check. It would have been easier for people to plan their lives knowing it will take some time. I rushed to sell my car within 2 weeks thinking it would be around 2 to 3 weeks to get my Tesla. Luckily, I have an extra POS I'm using until my Tesla arrives, but I probably could have gotten more money for my other car if I knew I had more time to sell it.

Tesla had to know how the European and Asian markets would affect their production. They should have been if front of this potential issue and raised the expected delivery dates ahead of this to prevent any possible backlash from their US customers. This whole thing has me frustrated, not to mention my auto loan expiring soon. But i am still here anxiously waiting for my delivery date.
You definitely are the longest waiting costumer I have seen on here. Has a VIN been assigned? Just email ur lender they can extend ur auto loan. (It’s simple if ur approved already)
Do you have anyone to contact? Did you get a text last Saturday?
I ordered on the 5th got a text on Saturday saying please allow another 3-4 week before we reach out to schedule you for delivery.

My update is that I have no update. Ordered on 8/7 and I haven't heard a SINGLE peep out of Tesla. No texts, no calls, nothing.

My order: M3P / MSM / Black / FSD. Located in right next to Fremont!

Not going to lie, been so disappointed about this experience and poor communication (and straight up lies to my face), that I'm thinking of canceling my order and picking up an E class AMG down the street.

My update is that I have no update. Ordered on 8/7 and I haven't heard a SINGLE peep out of Tesla. No texts, no calls, nothing.

Not going to lie, been so disappointed about this experience and poor communication (and straight up lies to my face), that I'm thinking of canceling my order and picking up an E class AMG down the street.

Aw, c'mon! At least hang around long enough for Duke to reply with a typo-laden screed about how your expectations are out of whack.

Last edited:
Reactions: jblock4
Soooo, I have a question. I’m waiting on a white/white performance that I ordered 8/19. After reading this thread I started looking at what was in stock on the website. I asked my sales advisor if I bought one of the ones in stock in New York, (I’m in PA) how long it would take to get it. She said 3 weeks! Is that normal? Website says 2 weeks to custom order one but it’ll take 3 weeks to get the one in nyc??

You definitely are the longest waiting costumer I have seen on here. Has a VIN been assigned? Just email ur lender they can extend ur auto loan. (It’s simple if ur approved already)
Do you have anyone to contact? Did you get a text last Saturday?
I ordered on the 5th got a text on Saturday saying please allow another 3-4 week before we reach out to schedule you for delivery.

No i still have no Vin. I did contact my rep and she was the one who told me a majority of US vehicles were not being produced for 3 weeks because of the European market and I should be getting my car early to mid September. She told me that before I got the text on Friday.

With the auto loan, they will not extend it. I told them the situation and I have been approved but it only last 60 days. They said they wont do anything, and Ill have to re-apply taking another credit hit.

Soooo, I have a question. I’m waiting on a white/white performance that I ordered 8/19. After reading this thread I started looking at what was in stock on the website. I asked my sales advisor if I bought one of the ones in stock in New York, (I’m in PA) how long it would take to get it. She said 3 weeks! Is that normal? Website says 2 weeks to custom order one but it’ll take 3 weeks to get the one in nyc??
Why don't you just go to NYC and drive it home? Possible?

No i still have no Vin. I did contact my rep and she was the one who told me a majority of US vehicles were not being produced for 3 weeks because of the European market and I should be getting my car early to mid September. She told me that before I got the text on Friday.

With the auto loan, they will not extend it. I told them the situation and I have been approved but it only last 60 days. They said they wont do anything, and Ill have to re-apply taking another credit hit.
The auto loan part is infuriating. Is that through Tesla financial (i.e., one of their banking partners? TD Bank?).

An ICE?

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-29_22-24-34.gif
    upload_2019-8-29_22-24-34.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
Reactions: Mongenel