Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting this long is giving me time to have second thoughts on spending $60k on a car. It would be fun, yes, but you could get a pretty fun daily driver for $30k as well and wait for Tesla to grow into its shoes a bit. I wonder what the P3D will be like in 2 more years.

Got a reply from my SR today. Said the last two weeks had been focusing on shipment to Asia and EU... most of us waiting should get a VIN this coming week and then delivery afterward. Might be some truth or not but hey at least it’s a reply.
Being the huge nerd that I am, I've been watching Tesla's shipping patterns (Tesla Carriers) closely since I ordered. Your SR's assertion lines up with that spreadsheet. There have been ships constantly loading at Pier 80 for most of the last month but that seems to have stopped. There's one more that just went from Portland to Vancouver. I'm guessing that those cars were shipped by train to PDX, and this boatload will be distributed throughout Canada again via train after spending a few days in customs at the dock.

This is all in line with Tesla trying to maximize Q3 deliveries. European folks should see VINs soon, followed by folks in Canada, and the delivery radius will decrease from there throughout September. The east coast US will see VINs in the next week or so followed by us suckers out west.

Reactions: Putttt
Being the huge nerd that I am, I've been watching Tesla's shipping patterns (Tesla Carriers) closely since I ordered. Your SR's assertion lines up with that spreadsheet. There have been ships constantly loading at Pier 80 for most of the last month but that seems to have stopped. There's one more that just went from Portland to Vancouver. I'm guessing that those cars were shipped by train to PDX, and this boatload will be distributed throughout Canada again via train after spending a few days in customs at the dock.

This is all in line with Tesla trying to maximize Q3 deliveries. European folks should see VINs soon, followed by folks in Canada, and the delivery radius will decrease from there throughout September. The east coast US will see VINs in the next week or so followed by us suckers out west.
You west coast people are so close but so far away.

Yes so close. Hopefully they will take into account local orders since I can pick up at the factory. Saves them the logistics
Hah, yeah, I was on the fence between Fremont and SF delivery. If the hub in Fremont had been at the factory itself I would totally have done that but it's a separate facility. I'd rather take delivery close to home and do a proper factory tour later.

That seems odd I wonder why they wouldn’t just keep them on the train all the way up here to Vancouver that’s a pretty well traveled rail link. Seems like it would be more expensive to unload and reload onto ship for the PDX-VAN leg. But then again I don’t know the intricacies of shipping