Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does your Palo Alto sales rep's first name start with an A?

What irks me to no end is that HE is the one who shared his number and email address with me so that I could reach out to him with questions "at any time." LOL. The service and sales experience have been laughable.
Lol nope, it does not start with an A. I'm more upset that I sold my previous vehicle in a rush and was guaranteed "within two week" delivery. If I still had my previous vehicle I think I'd have cancelled my order by now

• Funny
Reactions: DrBranca
I was looking at my Tesla account and noticed I didn't have anything checked for preferred contact information. I changed that but was unable to select anything for time preference. Hopefully changing this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190905-132031.png
    Screenshot_20190905-132031.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 70
I don’t know if I have an official SA, but I call the 888 number and speak with the SF sales office and they are friendly and helpful.

Today they told me that cars were being built and VINs being assigned and they hope to assign me a VIN in 1-2 weeks and believe I will take delivery before the end of September. That all seems reasonable if accurate.

I don’t know if I have an official SA, but I call the 888 number and speak with the SF sales office and they are friendly and helpful.

Today they told me that cars were being built and VINs being assigned and they hope to assign me a VIN in 1-2 weeks and believe I will take delivery before the end of September. That all seems reasonable if accurate.
I am guessing black cars are currently being produced, as a few are showing up in new inventory (as of today).

I also finally spoke with someone today after a month of Tesla not answering the phone or not answering voicemails.
They say that delivery should occur by the end of September. VINs should be assigned by the middle of the month at latest.

I spoke with someone earlier today as well. They told me the earliest I'd see a VIN would be September 15th. I asked about a friend who ordered a White on White Performance model a few days after me and they said he'd receive his VIN the last week of September. They also guaranteed delivery by end of the month at the latest.

For reference my config is MSM/White Interior/Performance. Originally ordered on 8/15 but changed color on 8/21.

I ordered online 7/29. Went into a shop for an issue with my wife's M3 2 weeks later. The rep there looked up my account and contacted the rep assigned to me to reach out to me. My understanding from her is that you get assigned someone from the beginning, but yeah, it doesn't mean they'll actually do anything. My guy never responds.

I've been relying on you all to keep me sane and informed. Thanks so much. Seriously.

To follow up, you cannot buy new inventory with travel distance outside of 500 miles. Talked with SA today and he said almost certainly no go for the new inventory I reserved in North Carolina yesterday. Will get the final no tomorrow and he’ll refund me. So if anyone near NC there will be a blue P3d white interior coming on new inventory tomorrow. SA also told me vins for Southern California will be matched on or around September 14th with delivery third week of September for August orders.

I reached out to the guy who handled my test drive to ask if there was a way to order the HomeLink adapter before I got a VIN and he actually replied saying that he's CCing my sales rep to see if she has any insight on my delivery date. So apparently you are assigned a sales rep even if you do everything online.

He did confirm that they were told to expect a large number of deliveries the 3rd and 4th week of September though.

Although they said "guaranteed", I'm gonna go with estimated. They can't guarantee anything
It sucks I know!!! I just wish they would call and explain why this happened. The simple answer is more orders than cars I get it! A nice sorry for your inconvenience please accept a free hat or something.
Gandhi I forgot what did you sell? A BMW?
I have a trade that’s went over the miles. Guess we wait and see.

Just got an email from my rep, unprompted, that her manager told her I should get my VIN in a few days and delivery within 2 weeks. I ordered white/white P3D on 8/19 in PA. Hope it’s true. That would put me at 4.5 weeks wait time
Hoping you're right. I'm in Pittsburgh too. Ordered on 8/13. White on White M3P. Haven't heard even a whisper from my rep unless I reach out and it's the standard "I'll reach out to you when I see your VIN"