Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I order my Red/White P3D w/FSD on 08/05. SC said they're expecting a lot of cars delivered to them next week. Hoping mine will be a part of that delivery.

They do have a Red/Black P3D Sleeper ready to go here, but I'm dead set on having a white interior.

Has anyone changed their color after the $1000 price increase? Wondering if you stayed at the old pricing structure at time of original order, or where made to pay the extra $1000. I know the website says you could be on the hook for latest pricing, but wondering what the reality is.

Also, do you think you get bumped to the back of the line?

I changed my color... black to white. So an additional savings. Original pricing was honored. Not sure if it bumped me back and don’t really care. August 10 order. Always had white interior.

Has anyone changed their color after the $1000 price increase? Wondering if you stayed at the old pricing structure at time of original order, or where made to pay the extra $1000. I know the website says you could be on the hook for latest pricing, but wondering what the reality is.

Also, do you think you get bumped to the back of the line?

I originally ordered an MSM performance on 8/15 when the base price was $54,990. On 8/16 the base price increased to $55,990, and I ended up changing my color to pearl white, then on 8/21 I decided to back to MSM, and my base price did not revert to the original $54,990 from when I had ordered. After speaking with my sales and calling Tesla support multiple times, they updated my latest order configuration with the old base price from when I originally ordered on 8/15. So it ended up working out, but I had to reach out to Tesla many times in order to get the change processed.

Question - so I want to change color. I chatted support, they gave me the local delivery center phone. No pickup of course, left a voicemail Friday. I also submitted an "other" change via my reservation page.

I don't yet have a VIN, and am wondering do I just keep calling, and what are the chances I get a call back (0?)?

Do I just keep calling, or wait?

Question - so I want to change color. I chatted support, they gave me the local delivery center phone. No pickup of course, left a voicemail Friday. I also submitted an "other" change via my reservation page.

I don't yet have a VIN, and am wondering do I just keep calling, and what are the chances I get a call back (0?)?

Do I just keep calling, or wait?
Call the service center directly and ask for sales

Looking like October for most of us on the West Coast. No way Tesla is going to be able to fulfill coast to coast deliveries in the next 3 weeks.

Me: 8/7 order, M3P / FSD / MSM / Black (no texts, no VIN, no updates, no responses from sales reps to my emails or calls).

Looking like October for most of us on the West Coast. No way Tesla is going to be able to fulfill coast to coast deliveries in the next 3 weeks.

Me: 8/7 order, M3P / FSD / MSM / Black (no texts, no VIN, no updates, no responses from sales reps to my emails or calls).
I hope that isn't true. If I don't get a VIN this week then I think I would have to agree with you. Currently my SA claims I should get a Vin on the 10th

No VIN yet here either in TX. This is a 7/31 order.

Ordered my white/white performance on 8/03 to SoCal. No VIN yet either.

Unfortunately seems like Tesla is disregarding when people placed their orders and are most concerned with shipping the furthest away orders first. Shouldn’t be a problem as long as we all get our VINs this week, so here’s to hoping that they don’t push our orders back to the next production batch.

Really hope that this isn’t the case. Wouldn’t be fair to postpone west coast deliveries despite being placed weeks before some of these east coast orders that are currently being shipped.

Really hope that this isn’t the case. Wouldn’t be fair to postpone west coast deliveries despite being placed weeks before some of these east coast orders that are currently being shipped.
I agree with you 100%, but my hypothesis (and those of others here) is that they had to crank out production, ship and deliver as many cars as possible before Q3 ends, and it's just a matter of mathematics and supply constraints. They can only produce so many cars in a specific time period, and they haven't updated most West Coast folks with ANYTHING in weeks.

My source code showing "MinMonth" = October would also support my hypothesis. I believe others here (especially those in Europe and on East coast) show MinMonth = September. I truly believe West Coasters got screwed due to production and delivery logistics regardless of when you placed your order.

I agree with you 100%, but my hypothesis (and those of others here) is that they had to crank out production, ship and deliver as many cars as possible before Q3 ends, and it's just a matter of mathematics and supply constraints. They can only produce so many cars in a specific time period, and they haven't updated most West Coast folks with ANYTHING in weeks.

My source code showing "MinMonth" = October would also support my hypothesis. I believe others here (especially those in Europe and on East coast) show MinMonth = September. I truly believe West Coasters got screwed due to production and delivery logistics regardless of when you placed your order.
I thought everyone’s source code says minmonth=oct. I think it’s just a generic thing, not tailored per order or location?