Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA reached out to the delivery team and told me that the production of my car will be completed this coming weekend meaning I'll get a call or text from the delivery team sometime next week. This could be BS, but thought I'd update you guys. No VIN in source code btw

Ordered 8/15: MSM/White Interior/Performance
Changed color on 8/21
Located in SF Bay Area

Reactions: kunzjob
I'm on the east coast and ordered 08/03 Red/black and still don't have vin or any contact so not true about East coast getting cars first.
You're the exception, but color combo and options also impacts it, too, since the cars are built in specific batches.

Just go look at the survey data and you can see the vast majority of recent deliveries are in Europe and East Coast of N. America. They are moving their way westward, but highly doubt they can fulfill all orders by end of month.

I agree with you 100%, but my hypothesis (and those of others here) is that they had to crank out production, ship and deliver as many cars as possible before Q3 ends, and it's just a matter of mathematics and supply constraints. They can only produce so many cars in a specific time period, and they haven't updated most West Coast folks with ANYTHING in weeks.

My source code showing "MinMonth" = October would also support my hypothesis. I believe others here (especially those in Europe and on East coast) show MinMonth = September. I truly believe West Coasters got screwed due to production and delivery logistics regardless of when you placed your order.

Hopefully those of us that are in the ~1 month waiting club don't get pushed to October, but only time will tell. In the tracking spreadsheet thread, there is a user from Phoenix that just got a VIN and scheduled delivery for his LR AWD -- his order date was 7/28. There is also another user from San Diego that look delivery of his LR AWD over the weekend after a 27 day wait (~8/11 order date).

Over the weekend I received an email from Tesla stating that I needed to take action on the basic items you do after delivery (driver's license, delivery location, payment method, etc.). I had done all of that ~1 month ago. This prompted an email conversation with my advisor who stated they were waiting on lienholder information despite the fact that there is no lien on the car... Anyway, he's been responsive to emails so I just sent him an email asking if I can still expect a September delivery. When I last spoke to him on 8/16, his estimate was that I would take delivery around 9/22.

Hopefully those of us that are in the ~1 month waiting club don't get pushed to October, but only time will tell. In the tracking spreadsheet thread, there is a user from Phoenix that just got a VIN and scheduled delivery for his LR AWD -- his order date was 7/28. There is also another user from San Diego that look delivery of his LR AWD over the weekend after a 27 day wait (~8/11 order date).

Over the weekend I received an email from Tesla stating that I needed to take action on the basic items you do after delivery (driver's license, delivery location, payment method, etc.). I had done all of that ~1 month ago. This prompted an email conversation with my advisor who stated they were waiting on lienholder information despite the fact that there is no lien on the car... Anyway, he's been responsive to emails so I just sent him an email asking if I can still expect a September delivery. When I last spoke to him on 8/16, his estimate was that I would take delivery around 9/22.
I hope you are right, but you cited 2 LR AWDs ... that, my friend, is very different from west coast peeps getting deliveries of performance models. They don't build LR with Performance. Those are separate production runs.

Many people who ordered performance in July from West Coast haven't even gotten updates yet or a VIN. I'm in at 8/7 so unfortunately part of the 1+ month club.

The east coast have had many LR AWD in inventory a couple of weeks back. Now they are starting to give VIN to the performance..but mostly white color, it’s probably the color rotation from the factory. The west coast is staring to see some LR AWD delivery as well, it most likely will be two weeks until we get VIN or delivery based on logistics.

@cgarcia0458 that helped!

Wow... Tesla service at its finest
  • Called 888 51 TESLA # and hit the proper option, quick hold then transferred to Marina Del Rey delivery center voicemail. Hung up. My delivery is in Burbank.
  • Asked question here at TMC
  • Called Burbank delivery/service center, sales option, and got a gentleman immediately who transferred me to support.
  • 45 minutes on hold to reach support. Then they say they can't make the change, let me transfer you to sales.
  • On hold for sales for 10 minutes to get a Marina Del Rey voicemail box. (My car delivery is Burbank) Hung up.
    This is where the sales option for the main 888 # ended up as well once I entered my zip
  • Called back Burbank deliver/service center, asked what gives - pretty sure same guy I talked to an hour prior. Incorrectly transferred to service at Burbank. (it's a Monday, and I don't fault the guy)
  • Called back, same guy, said sorry and transferred again to support as he said they should absolutely be able to make the change.
  • Another 25 minutes on hold
  • Finally reached someone, made the change in 2 minutes, said I'd get an email confirmation later today.
Harrowing!

Reactions: Phlier
@cgarcia0458 that helped!

Wow... Tesla service at its finest
  • Called 888 51 TESLA # and hit the proper option, quick hold then transferred to Marina Del Rey delivery center voicemail. Hung up. My delivery is in Burbank.
  • Asked question here at TMC
  • Called Burbank delivery/service center, sales option, and got a gentleman immediately who transferred me to support.
  • 45 minutes on hold to reach support. Then they say they can't make the change, let me transfer you to sales.
  • On hold for sales for 10 minutes to get a Marina Del Rey voicemail box. (My car delivery is Burbank) Hung up.
    This is where the sales option for the main 888 # ended up as well once I entered my zip
  • Called back Burbank deliver/service center, asked what gives - pretty sure same guy I talked to an hour prior. Incorrectly transferred to service at Burbank. (it's a Monday, and I don't fault the guy)
  • Called back, same guy, said sorry and transferred again to support as he said they should absolutely be able to make the change.
  • Another 25 minutes on hold
  • Finally reached someone, made the change in 2 minutes, said I'd get an email confirmation later today.
Harrowing!
Did anyone give you the excuse that they gave me? "I'm sorry, sir, Tesla is still a startup so not everything is working as they should." LOL.

Reactions: chewyc
I hope you are right, but you cited 2 LR AWDs ... that, my friend, is very different from west coast peeps getting deliveries of performance models. They don't build LR with Performance. Those are separate production runs.

Many people who ordered performance in July from West Coast haven't even gotten updates yet or a VIN. I'm in at 8/7 so unfortunately part of the 1+ month club.

Correct, I was just using at as an example that there at least SOME model 3s starting to trickle to the west coast. My advisor emailed me back and said "Based on your build, it looks like the estimated delivery date is September 21st.", so we'll see what happens in the next two weeks.

Your car is probably at your store.
Definitely strange
How is that strange? Just asking because there are plenty of others in the same or similar boat, especially those on the West Coast. Seems pretty normal to me.
Correct, I was just using at as an example that there at least SOME model 3s starting to trickle to the west coast. My advisor emailed me back and said "Based on your build, it looks like the estimated delivery date is September 21st.", so we'll see what happens in the next two weeks.
Hope you get it soon! Looks like chances are better if you have a white one on order (any white). Unfortunately seems like MSM peeps like me haven't gotten any updates for the most part.