Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's crazy to me is they are offering the incentives to get free upgrades and supercharging supposedly on current inventory to increase sales but there seems to be people waiting for all trim level packages.
You’re totally right. It’s nuts to try and drive more sales when you can’t meet the orders placed 6 weeks ago. Unless some flood gate will open and thousands of model 3s will hit the market.

You’re totally right. It’s nuts to try and drive more sales when you can’t meet the orders placed 6 weeks ago. Unless some flood gate will open and thousands of model 3s will hit the market.
I was wondering this myself. You'd figure they have their production capacity nailed down to a VERY specific number by now, which leads me to believe they must have extra capacity supply for Q3, which means they aren't "sold out" for Q3, which means don't expect quarterly delivery reports to be blown out of the water. All just a hypothesis, but it makes no sense to me that they'd be trying to juice up delivery numbers when they have so much to delivery already.

What will be interesting to see in the 10-Q report is # of orders vs. # of deliveries. If their deliveries are below expectations, they may emphasize that their orders were super high but they were not able to meet that demand and deliver all by end of quarter. Just a way to manage shareholder expectations and give them something more positive to hold onto until Q4 numbers.

Ordered 8/15: MSM/White Interior/Performance
Configuration Change: 8/21

VIN in Source: 9/16
Received Delivery Scheduling Text: 9/16
MVPA In Account: 9/16
Delivery Scheduled for 9/18

Received both MSM paint and white interior for free from promotion (-2k).

Last edited:
West Coast (Fremont Pickup)
White / Blk
7/28 order - no vin yet

I briefly had a 9/10 delivery date - but it went away

I did get a nice text and email saying it would be this or next week
And I visited my local SA who added the 2 years of supercharging

I'm jealous of all of you that ordered later and are getting a car sooner .. but I get the quarterly sales push / logistics thing.

West Coast (Fremont Pickup)
White / Blk
7/28 order - no vin yet

I briefly had a 9/10 delivery date - but it went away

I did get a nice text and email saying it would be this or next week
And I visited my local SA who added the 2 years of supercharging

I'm jealous of all of you that ordered later and are getting a car sooner .. but I get the quarterly sales push / logistics thing.
Wow, your delivery date went away? Was that date showing in the online system or something communicated to you directly by someone at Tesla?

I think MSM / Black interior is going to be the last color combo run based on what I'm seeing here for the West Coast stragglers. 8/7 order here and no vin, too.
Is your VIN in the source code of your reservation management page? My popped up yesterday in the source code but doesn't appear anywhere else and still no communication from Tesla regarding it.

Has anyone received a delivery date in OC?
I ordered on 7/19 white/black performance
Modified on 8/15 no vin just the same generic text message everyone else got, I am going to ask for the 2 year free supercharger since I got basic paint and basic interior.

Ordered at the Costa Mesa delivery center