Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully I can take delivery by the end of the month so I get the free supercharging for 2 years
Don't get your hopes up on that one. :( There are many reports that the incentives have been ended, and even reports of people that had actual PA's with the incentives in them have them changed at the last minute, with the incentives cut out.

But if you have a PA with the incentive in it, hopefully they'll honor it.

Tesla seriously dropped the ball with the way the recent incentives were handled.

May be some allocations happening now for Pac NW area (hopefully Cali too) and for MSM color -- finally got my VIN (source code at least), today 9/17.
Order is for MSM/Black with FSD with config date of 8/10. Only other communication has been automated text on 9/14.

Got notice this morning for delivery scheduling! 9/21 so glad to see that from VIN assignment to delivery is only a few days.
Hope everyone else on the West coast gets good news this week as well.

Reactions: jstabbe and Phlier
Don't get your hopes up on that one. :( There are many reports that the incentives have been ended, and even reports of people that had actual PA's with the incentives in them have them changed at the last minute, with the incentives cut out.

But if you have a PA with the incentive in it, hopefully they'll honor it.

Tesla seriously dropped the ball with the way the recent incentives were handled.
That is absolutely maddening to say the least, if that is true. You dont just make a different set of conditions for purchase for one group and then not honor the same terms for others who have placed the same exact order, potentially for a more expensive trim. They robbed Peter (existing P3 orders) to incentivize Paul with free supercharging and upgrades. If I dont get it in writing that 2YR is honored, I will not be taking delivery. I will walk away and save up for something else from a company that has its *sugar* together.

Reactions: ck1891 and Phlier
That is absolutely maddening to say the least, if that is true. You dont just make a different set of conditions for purchase for one group and then not honor the same terms for others who have placed the same exact order, potentially for a more expensive trim. They robbed paul (existing P3 orders) to incentivize Peter with free supercharging and upgrades. If I dont get it in writing that 2YR is honored, I will not be taking delivery. I will walk away and save up for something else from a company that has its *sugar* together.
I *really* wish that I could disagree with you, as I'm a self proclaimed Tesla "fanboy." But I can't. You are 100% correct. Tesla screwed this one up as much as it *could* be screwed up. They left no screw untwisted.

The only thing I can tell you is this...

The horrible ordering and purchase experience is a very short amount of time compared to the years that you will be absolutely thrilled with the vehicle itself.

My purchase experience was horrible, too. Not to the degree that they changed the price at the last minute, but it was still awful. But I have zero regrets that I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought the car.

I love the car so much, that I'm planning on wading through the horrible experience again to get another car.

Well.. got my VIN mid-morning (via page source). Ordered last week, VIN today no texts or other scheduling. Local (Orlando) delivery center said its in transit and expect mid-late next week or even the weekend.

Happy for me.. but sad how the whole process works and for those that ordered a month ago.. It does seem like there was some production delay or hold and the end of quarter push has benefited some of us that just ordered.

Interesting watching tezz.la site and seeing the inventory come in and out.. Looks like tons of deliveries all over the country. Curious if anyone knows when the VIN is assigned (when it leaves factory, truck/train?) and how long transit is from west to east?

MSM, Performance with Black interior and FSD.

mike

Reactions: ck1891
Well.. got my VIN mid-morning (via page source). Ordered last week, VIN today no texts or other scheduling. Local (Orlando) delivery center said its in transit and expect mid-late next week or even the weekend.

Happy for me.. but sad how the whole process works and for those that ordered a month ago.. It does seem like there was some production delay or hold and the end of quarter push has benefited some of us that just ordered.

Interesting watching tezz.la site and seeing the inventory come in and out.. Looks like tons of deliveries all over the country. Curious if anyone knows when the VIN is assigned (when it leaves factory, truck/train?) and how long transit is from west to east?

MSM, Performance with Black interior and FSD.

mike
Congrats! Literally the exact same car I ordered 6 weeks ago. LOL. Had I known, I should've just taken delivery in Orlando and spent a weekend at Disney. :)

Reactions: jstabbe
I'm starting to get antsy. I was expecting to at least have a VIN by now and was really hoping to be able to take delivery this weekend. At this point I don't think that's going to happen. I'm starting to feel like these texts were just meant to placate people and prevent them from bugging SAs too much.

I'm starting to get antsy. I was expecting to at least have a VIN by now and was really hoping to be able to take delivery this weekend. At this point I don't think that's going to happen. I'm starting to feel like these texts were just meant to placate people and prevent them from bugging SAs too much.

I am as well, I am trying to be patient then I see posts "I placed my order 20 min ago and I already have my vin!!" I am exaggerating a little bit obviously and hold no ill will towards those lucky folks but its upsetting to see.

And now I am seeing all sorts of my builds on Tezz.la lol WTF!!!

*edit* I sent a text to my guy asking "does this mean good news is on the way?" Would be silly to have 11 of them in the wild ready to be purchase while I (and I am sure a few others) pick our noses waiting on them.

Last edited:
Hey guys. News to share. As I was madly refreshing for my vin I got wind a p3d- was in stock in my area so I hopped on it and got matched for a delivery this Saturday. Immediately I started wondering if I really want the PUP and if I made a hasty call. Lol

Wish you guys all the best of luck. I'm sure CA will get some love too. Hopefully the cars not messed up or I'll be back here in the queue again. :D

UPDATE: My deviation was approved so I got the white interior fee waived. It's already showing in my final purchase price.
My sales advisor called me to let me know they made a case with headquarters to approve it given the amount of time I've been waiting and my referrals credit situation (no need for 2 years of free Supercharging).
I also requested priority delivery if possible as soon as the truck arrives so we'll see what happens.

Just keep working on Tesla if you feel like you're being left out due to the EOQ push through no fault of your own.

Reactions: Phlier
For those in the SF Bay Area waiting on a MSM Performance, there appears to be one in inventory right now with a white interior:
2019 Model 3 | Tesla

It might be worth changing some parameters on your order (e.g. interior color, FSD) and request to be matched up to that car.
Not any more! Saw this and jumped on it. They matched her to my account after confirming 2 YR supercharging would be included. I'm out the waiting game, and breathing a sigh of relief knowing I should have it this weekend. Thank you for posting this kind sir

Reactions: Phlier and hocr
Not any more! Saw this and jumped on it. They matched her to my account after confirming 2 YR supercharging would be included. I'm out the waiting game, and breathing a sigh of relief knowing I should have it this weekend. Thank you for posting this kind sir
I saw that specific vehicle since yesterday and passed due to interior color and lack of FSD. Glad you got the shortcut to a car! Probably at least 1 week out for rest of CA (best case scenario).