Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my delivery confirmation call from the service center. They'll be delivering the car to my apartment tomorrow morning. I've got the checklist printed up that someone in the forum posted recently. Hopefully, in 24 hours, I'll have a bunch of pictures without problems to post.

Note: Tesla financing details changed a bit from initial setup, and now I need to pay an extra $300... though I can attribute that to "estimate vs paperwork". Not a big amount. The bank, payment, interest rate, and everything else are still the same, even though it's been 54 days since I ordered.

Pearl White, White Interior, LR AWD Performance, Full Self Driving.
Car name undecided.

Ordered: July 28
VIN: September 16
Scheduled Delivery: September 20, 8am.

(after the long wait, this car had better be f'n pristine)

I plan on using the same shop for tint, chrome delete, and maybe ppf -- what tint are you going with?

I went with the standard Suntek CXP, it was $600, and the 70% IR rejection was fine for me. Wifey’s white/white M3 is getting the same. That’s for the side and back windows with the large back glass installed in 1 piece with no seams.

If you need more heat rejection, there were options with CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic 83% IR / 72% solar ($900), 3M Crystalline 97% IR ($1000), and the top end was Spectra Photosync 99% IR / 80% solar ($1100).

0A0768EA-71B4-41E9-A1F9-EF97F0C1E855.jpeg
Just got the best text I’ve received in this whole process (w/w FSD ordered Aug 12 Colorado)

Considering how much load those sections carry, it wouldn't be a simple nor cheap modification. The Model 3 Pickup Truck required reinforcement after they discovered just how much it was loaded when they tried to cut it away.
Yea, but the payoff with t-tops like those is being able to jump missing bridges over creeks, and pass beneath semi-trailers while evading the smokies on your twenty.

By the way, I asked my advisor about the free interior upgrade/paint upgrade for long waiters, and got this response:

“There has been a lot of confusion around this particular incentive. This incentive only applies to those who have NOT been assigned a VIN yet.
You do however, qualify for 2 years of free supercharging, which I applied to your account.”

Well, ya'll, I picked her up early today in Fremont. I'm happy to say the vehicle is worth the wait - the power and torque are incredible.

I inspected every inch of the vehicle ... paint was excellent, wheels in good shape, only one slight misalignment where the trunk hits the rear panel - talking about maybe 2mm off, so not a huge detail and not noticeable from distance. Interior was in good shape and I was surprised to find that the car comes with floor mats? Thought it didn't, but maybe premium / performance interior come with them by default?

Thank you all for entertaining and informing me! Update the survey, too, with latest delivery data.

Attachments

• 59061996870__F82E965F-BAB3-4857-A767-3215CB318142.JPG
    59061996870__F82E965F-BAB3-4857-A767-3215CB318142.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 56
Well, ya'll, I picked her up early today in Fremont. I'm happy to say the vehicle is worth the wait - the power and torque are incredible.

I inspected every inch of the vehicle ... paint was excellent, wheels in good shape, only one slight misalignment where the trunk hits the rear panel - talking about maybe 2mm off, so not a huge detail and not noticeable from distance. Interior was in good shape and I was surprised to find that the car comes with floor mats? Thought it didn't, but maybe premium / performance interior come with them by default?

Thank you all for entertaining and informing me! Update the survey, too, with latest delivery data.
I love the MSM in the sun! Congrats.

Reactions: bhein73