Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text from Tesla confirming my options and financing yesterday. They asked me to confirm with a YES, which I did but received no acknowledgement of receipt. I have to say this really a fly by night operation. smh
I got an email asking to complete my payment profile. I called Marina and asked them about it, and they said dont do it until you have a vin attached to you account, when i asked when i can expect one for performance models, he said " i have no idea".. wow. awesome!

I wish they told me to wait with financing. I filled mine out on the day I ordered, 10/8, because the site said 'within two weeks'.
Yeah, so, we'll see if Tesla assigned US Bank honors the agreement and rates without another credit pull. #madface

your SA is correct
last two weeks of december..

17-19th for the east coast
VINs probably week to 10 days before then

how is any of this a surprise..as soon as the delivery estimates were updated, the Performance were listed as coming later than the SR or LR trims. The estimate is still correct and lands on the last 2 weeks of december.
Also you can look at the spreadsheet and it lines up with last quarter
So you are assuming that all LRs and SRs need to be produced and delivered before the Performance??
There have been numerous SR and LR deliveries in the past month.

your SA is correct
last two weeks of december..

17-19th for the east coast
VINs probably week to 10 days before then

how is any of this a surprise..as soon as the delivery estimates were updated, the Performance were listed as coming later than the SR or LR trims. The estimate is still correct and lands on the last 2 weeks of december.
Also you can look at the spreadsheet and it lines up with last quarter

The ultimate scandal right here. They told us it would take 8-10 weeks. AND THEN IT DID! A lot of wishful thinking got kicked around on this forum that made people think it would happen way earlier. Definitely not proving to be the case.

Reactions: Nauman87
The ultimate scandal right here. They told us it would take 8-10 weeks. AND THEN IT DID! A lot of wishful thinking got kicked around on this forum that made people think it would happen way earlier. Definitely not proving to be the case.

well many if us who ordered somewhere around 10/18 and earlier it said 2 weeks on website when we ordered then it magically changed somewhere around 10/18

Yep, I am in the group that signed up when the web site said less than 2 weeks. My SA said prolly closer to 4. So I got financing and a check that is good until Dec 15 (8 weeks from when I got it). I thought that would be no problem, now I am sweating that the check will expire and I will have to go through financing again with the $2500 deposit and Christmas gifts on my credit.

Yep, I am in the group that signed up when the web site said less than 2 weeks. My SA said prolly closer to 4. So I got financing and a check that is good until Dec 15 (8 weeks from when I got it). I thought that would be no problem, now I am sweating that the check will expire and I will have to go through financing again with the $2500 deposit and Christmas gifts on my credit.
was your SA Jeff by any chance? he fed me the same BS
I specifically brought up rumors about the wait times around oct 7-8th to him, he said dont worry you should be getting a vin by the end of october.
They all know absolutely nothing

I have a P3d+ on order from October 17th. My current f80 m3 lease is due on December 14th so I hope It comes right about that time. Im leasing it so the credit doesn't apply to me but a month of renting a car definitely will.

I was waiting to place my order as the website said 2 weeks then one day I checked and it said 8-10 weeks..

Well that’s not exactly correct. When I ordered it said 2-4 weeks. But honestly knowing the history of Tesla’s end of the year deliveries I did not expect it to be that quick. Really I’m like “whatever” I know I getting the car and my down payment is just growing while I wait.

Reactions: puppers
I ordered on 9-29..by oct 3rd I was aware that I was in for a LONG ass wait..then when the website eventually updated I cried a little..and here we are today, still waiting on that 8-10 weeks estimate

This has been my experience too. My excitement has mostly dwindled down because of the wait. The uptick of this thread lately has brought some of that back.

Reactions: rtshefe
Well that’s not exactly correct. When I ordered it said 2-4 weeks. But honestly knowing the history of Tesla’s end of the year deliveries I did not expect it to be that quick. Really I’m like “whatever” I know I getting the car and my down payment is just growing while I wait.

That's how I am thinking about it. I'm not too thrilled that it's taking longer than the 2-3 week timeframe, but if it means I can put down 5k more while waiting, I'm okay with that.

That's how I am thinking about it. I'm not too thrilled that it's taking longer than the 2-3 week timeframe, but if it means I can put down 5k more while waiting, I'm okay with that.
Same. Just using the extra time frame to save up more for a bigger down payment. Already expected mid Decemberish so any good news would be a surprise at this point. Won’t stop me from checking for a VIN every hour though

Reactions: puppers