Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's actually the same color combo I originally ordered, which is making it even more difficult for me to decide.
Yikes.
Tough!

With same color combo...If you are considering changing wheels to smaller than 20s and never going to a track or similar set up, then I think you have a car waiting for you!! Pedals and spoiler can be added. There might be some difference in re sale value but I don’t know the numbers.
Good luck!

My opinion is that that is actually the biggest difference. It's a heavier wheel with much less sidewall and affects day to day comfort, as well as durability. If I had the immediate option, I would switch.
My thoughts exactly. I really didn't want the 20" wheels; I even asked my SA when I first placed my order if I could get 18" or 19" and he said no. Don't get me wrong - I think they look sick - but after all the misery I've experienced with the wheels on my C43 I'm thinking I'd rather be practical then sorry after I hit the next pothole.

My thoughts exactly. I really didn't want the 20" wheels; I even asked my SA when I first placed my order if I could get 18" or 19" and he said no. Don't get me wrong - I think they look sick - but after all the misery I've experienced with the wheels on my C43 I'm thinking I'd rather be practical then sorry after I hit the next pothole.
The factory 18s wont fit due to clearance of the brake calipers. The 19s they wont allow as an OEM option. Worst for me, I have to get additional OEMs 20s as winterset (unless i flatbed the car home and deal with the swap manually), which besides the unpracticality yields really really tiny selection for winter rubbers.

For the price delta, you could upgrade the brakeset/caliper yourself, and squeeze in these ohlins coilovers which are cream-of-the-crop in suspension

Model 3 Öhlins DFV Coilovers - Engineered by Redwood Motorsports ™

Reactions: Igorekgq
The factory 18s wont fit due to clearance of the brake calipers. The 19s they wont allow as an OEM option. Worst for me, I have to get additional OEMs 20s as winterset (unless i flatbed the car home and deal with the swap manually), which besides the unpracticality yields really really tiny selection for winter rubbers.

For the price delta, you could upgrade the brakeset/caliper yourself, and squeeze in these ohlins coilovers which are cream-of-the-crop in suspension

Model 3 Öhlins DFV Coilovers - Engineered by Redwood Motorsports ™
Yes but the biggest problem that we still don’t know is if the motor Is exactly the same as far as I understand the build of an electric motor is the same could be totally different on the inside or option 2 could be like a CPU some CPU you can over lock to 5.4ghz some will not even clock to 4.9ghz we simply don’t know unless you take apart this engine and have a real engineer look at it.

Yes they do ok also GT350 comes stock with them remember we ordered performance:)
Sure about that? I wouldn’t call them bad. But I wouldn’t want them for my daily driver. Especially anywhere it rains a lot.
4098BFBE-B8FB-4907-BE80-B4D7B4E0FF0A.png

Last edited:
ps4s it already comes with is a pretty sticky tire
there have been countless pics of the p3d with the new gray wheels being delivered to other countries and they all still have ps4s tires.

I highly doubt anything is changing

It’s funny how people give advice with such authority but don’t have any real world experience.

I’ve actually driven my F80 BMW M3 for years with multiple sets of the 4S tire and it is fine in the rain. Also driven with them in below freezing temps and have lived to tell the story. I promise you your car will not turn into a death trap if it rains or the the temps go below 40, lol.

The only thing you absolutely can’t do with the tire is drive in the snow. You will get probably get stuck.

It’s funny how people give advice with such authority but don’t have any real world experience.

I’ve actually driven my F80 BMW M3 for years with multiple sets of the 4S tire and it is fine in the rain. Also driven with them in below freezing temps and have lived to tell the story. I promise you your car will not turn into a death trap if it rains or the the temps go below 40, lol.

The only thing you absolutely can’t do with the tire is drive in the snow. You will get probably get stuck.
The comment about being poor in the rain was in reference to Michelin sport cup tires not the PS4.

I had a BMW m2 with PS4S and they were great. I'm happy that Tesla decided to go with these tires. If i were to get 19" wheels in the future (if i have to deal with cracking/broken 20" rims) I'd still stick with PS4S. They are incredibly grippy in turns and was fine in the rain.