Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me personally I didn’t get it but it’s only Bc I am leasing the car since I don’t usually like to stay in the same car over 2-3 years (aka I want the cybertruck next lol) and I like to drive , but if you are going to purchase the car I would recommend getting the FSD , you never know when it may come in handy and it’s only going to increase in value so it’s potentially going to increase the value of the car

agreed on all accounts. I usually lease too and should have probably leased this too but i went through such a bad experience with my last Mercedes lease that im just annoyed, even though its probably just mercedes. Dont EVER get one

agreed on all accounts. I usually lease too and should have probably leased this too but i went through such a bad experience with my last Mercedes lease that im just annoyed, even though its probably just mercedes. Dont EVER get one
Ohh trust me I know hahah I almost leased one before deciding to go with a Tesla and a car they had ( the same price as the M3P) with less over all quality , performance and the same lease terms 15,000 miles for 24 months , with 10k down was gonna cost $1400 a month ( not including gas and maintenance ) , while the Tesla is only costing me about $550

I’m in NYC, I placed my order on thanksgiving and my SA reached out saying within the next two weeks I should be getting a vin and delivery before Christmas. I hope this applies to the rest of the east coast. I ordered a white model 3 long range performance with white white combo and no fsd.

Ohh trust me I know hahah I almost leased one before deciding to go with a Tesla and a car they had ( the same price as the M3P) with less over all quality , performance and the same lease terms 15,000 miles for 24 months , with 10k down was gonna cost $1400 a month ( not including gas and maintenance ) , while the Tesla is only costing me about $550

yeah not even comparable. The car just had so many problems and things had to be done their way at their crazy prices because i was tied to the lease contract. There was countless things but one example was the car must be returned with ‘MOE’ stamped tires which are tires the manufactures make specifically for mercedes. Theyre crazy expensive and cray soft compound you get maybe 10k miles out of at the most. They also make the car ‘handle sk well’ by cambering in the wheels so much that they burn up the tires even faster. In other words, they have a soft ride and great handling more because of their BS rather than an actual design of the car. I also paid an $800 ‘lease return fee’

not that id ever suggest buying a mercedes but at least i could have changed the alignment and put some normal tires on it had i owned it

:end rant:

yeah not even comparable. The car just had so many problems and things had to be done their way at their crazy prices because i was tied to the lease contract. There was countless things but one example was the car must be returned with ‘MOE’ stamped tires which are tires the manufactures make specifically for mercedes. Theyre crazy expensive and cray soft compound you get maybe 10k miles out of at the most. They also make the car ‘handle sk well’ by cambering in the wheels so much that they burn up the tires even faster. In other words, they have a soft ride and great handling more because of their BS rather than an actual design of the car. I also paid an $800 ‘lease return fee’

not that id ever suggest buying a mercedes but at least i could have changed the alignment and put some normal tires on it had i owned it

:end rant:
Wow I had no idea it was that bad ! That’s way worse then I was even expecting , thank god I didn’t get that car hahah I even asked them what car they had that would go 0-60 in the 3 second range and the only car that could was basically the price of 3 model 3 performance Tesla’s , it’s insane ...

I put 80AMP just in case for later update.
Did you run the appropriate wire for two Tesla’s? It is not a 6 gauge like most install for a 60 amp single. You need a 4-3 wire

And another week of waiting since 9/21....and nothing new. No one knows anything. SAs still wrong in their “knowledge.” No email or text or call from Tesla. Certainly hope there is nothing ever wrong with this car that requires me to deal with this half assed company

looking at the spreadsheet, I see a lot of M3Ps showing VINs and delivery dates. Noticed none have 20 inch wheels. These must be all the fake Performances (which some people like to call stealth performance). Is this just because they're batched in with the LR AWDs? At least its progress, I'm getting to be optimistic that we'll get our VINs soon!

looking at the spreadsheet, I see a lot of M3Ps showing VINs and delivery dates. Noticed none have 20 inch wheels. These must be all the fake Performances (which some people like to call stealth performance). Is this just because they're batched in with the LR AWDs? At least its progress, I'm getting to be optimistic that we'll get our VINs soon!

Lmao how is it fake? It's literally called the performance and used to be available for order.

• Funny
Reactions: Haeffelin
There are quite a few people who order the performance and later changed to the “stealth” which is really a LR AWD (dual motor) with performance upgrade (unlocking software) As such none have the 20 inch rims. And yes they are LR AWD so batched in with LR production, like has been done since initial production. But doesn’t seem like an actual performance with larger brake caliper, supposedly superior motors, 20 wheels, spoiler/pedals, etc. has been produced yet since September. Wish Tesla would have explained their logic and enlightened us with their plan of production than leave it to internet speculation

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Did you run the appropriate wire for two Tesla’s? It is not a 6 gauge like most install for a 60 amp single. You need a 4-3 wire

And another week of waiting since 9/21....and nothing new. No one knows anything. SAs still wrong in their “knowledge.” No email or text or call from Tesla. Certainly hope there is nothing ever wrong with this car that requires me to deal with this half assed company
It’s 4-2 wire gauge 4 for 1 car

Reactions: PhillyDoc
There are quite a few people who order the performance and later changed to the “stealth” which is really a LR AWD (dual motor) with performance upgrade (unlocking software)

It'd be nice if the tracking spreadsheet had an option for stealth. I've been sorting out the "true" performance models in the tracker by looking specifically for 20" wheels.

Ctrl+u... Ctrl+f... "vin" enter NULL enter NULL enter NULL enter NULL enter NULL enter NULL :( Ctrl+f... 5y *DING* 0/0:(

I know! I will eat to take my mind off it! Hi:)! Please give me a double quarter pounder! "Thank you, Sir. Please pull ahead and park over there. Someone will bring that right out to you never." :(

Reactions: puppers
Wow.....
fake performances? Pretty sure they will “preform” just as well as a “real” performance model.