Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have an idea of where the vehicle might been when the VIN is assigned in source? Is it just rolling of the production line, is it in pre-production, is it on its way, is it at the delivery location? Just curious...
Not sure if my answer is right. I got VIN yesterday. I called SA today, he said my car might be in production but when he pulled information from computer, he said the car is ready and waiting to be on route.

Is this what everyone else is seeing as far as completed steps go? Want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

View attachment 484251

I completed the payment/loan section on the day I ordered (10/8). Completing the payment info is not dependent on having a VIN.

The next step where most will wait at is the Insurance information screen where you are asked to upload a screenshot or scan of your insurance card that bears the VIN of your Tesla.

I completed the payment/loan section on the day I ordered (10/8). Completing the payment info is not dependent on having a VIN.

The next step where most will wait at is the Insurance information screen where you are asked to upload a screenshot or scan of your insurance card that bears the VIN of your Tesla.
I uploaded my insurance card for my other vehicle, just in case they look at that to fulfill, JUST in case haha. Once I get my vin, I’ll apply to Tesla insurance and compare rates.

The insurance doesn't have to include a Tesla Vin, just the same policy number you'll be using

I haven't seen anything yet in the source code or otherwise. Looking at the posts from the past day or so, it seems that VINs have been assigned to orders placed in the first three weeks of October since each time someone new posts a VIN the order date gets closer to the end of October. That includes orders with a black interior, so that leads me to believe we should see something very soon.

Ordered 10/17 and haven’t seen anything in the source code.