Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s why they’re taking so long...

MD/VA are picking up this week cause their cars are on trucks and we got stuck with tech from the early 1800’s.

How IRONic. (Two for one, couldn’t resist)
Actually I was told that for some reason, certain East Coast locations are getting transportation via train from CA to Chicago, and then via truck to final destination. The Chicago transfer could be same day, or days.

Also, not sure what it means but my VIN just popped up on my manage page. Guess it's getting real soon

Last edited:
VIN Assigned: 12/1.
MVPA: 12/6

So I have a scheduled delivery date of 12/17, so I thought okay. That gives me time to finish up the financing since the MVPA finally came in last Friday. I called the Tesla line today to ask a couple of things since I'm in Texas. I found out my car has been a few miles away waiting on me to finish up with sending them the money. I kind of just laughed that in the end, they're having to wait on me. I thought I would share to anybody else that is trying to get their car as quickly as possible. You might want to call and find out where the car is even with a delivery date assigned.
I thought that for Texas buyers, payment will have to be made in full before car can cross state line. Was that a bunch of BS that the SA and others at Tesla stated?

Actually I was told that for some reason, certain East Coast locations are getting transportation via train from CA to Chicago, and then via truck to final destination. The Chicago transfer could be same day, or days.

Also, not sure what it means but my VIN just popped up on my manage page. Guess it's getting real soon
Are you picking up in Cherry Hill? My SA has done a pretty good job of keeping me updated but I didn't know about the rail transportation until I checked this thread.

I was just informed that the originally projected “transport arrives at delivery center” date of 12/17 was moved to 12/25. With that my delivery date options shrunk, but most importantly I will be out of town. I have flights booked already, and now I will have to pay a *sugar* ton of money to either change my existing flights or interrupt my vacation and fly home for one day for delivery. Needless to say I’m not happy.
I was also told Tesla changed from truck-only delivery to rail delivery.
(I have huge concerns around that too and worry that there will be additional delays.)
i am from long island taking delivery at manhesset i was told my car was on truck and would come in the 17th i wasnt told there was a delay yet i am going to call tommorow and see what is going on when was your delivery day

To the folks waiting for delivery in Utah: I attended the new owner orientation this evening at the Tesla Sales Center in SLC. The one piece of valuable information for me was that Mike, the guy who was leading the orientation, and seemed to be management at the Sales Center, said they will be receiving 200 cars a week for the next 3 weeks, so they are going to be moving a LOT of them. There were about 30 people attending, and it sounds like they're planning on delivering about 100 cars per week through the end of the year. He was VERY confident that everyone who had already ordered would be receiving their cars. Here's hoping it's true! :)

To the folks waiting for delivery in Utah: I attended the new owner orientation this evening at the Tesla Sales Center in SLC. The one piece of valuable information for me was that Mike, the guy who was leading the orientation, and seemed to be management at the Sales Center, said they will be receiving 200 cars a week for the next 3 weeks, so they are going to be moving a LOT of them. There were about 30 people attending, and it sounds like they're planning on delivering about 100 cars per week through the end of the year. He was VERY confident that everyone who had already ordered would be receiving their cars. Here's hoping it's true! :)
But none there yet? Another SA I spoke to in email said the 1st batch should be arriving any time

Reactions: Davidkent0012
VIN Assigned: 12/1.
MVPA: 12/6

So I have a scheduled delivery date of 12/17, so I thought okay. That gives me time to finish up the financing since the MVPA finally came in last Friday. I called the Tesla line today to ask a couple of things since I'm in Texas. I found out my car has been a few miles away waiting on me to finish up with sending them the money. I kind of just laughed that in the end, they're having to wait on me. I thought I would share to anybody else that is trying to get their car as quickly as possible. You might want to call and find out where the car is even with a delivery date assigned.

Well isn't that some shiţ. I've been waiting 6 days now for my loan to be finalized (still waiting). I would have pushed them harder if I knew that there cars were in the area. I guess I'll be making a call first thing in the morning to light a fire and get my car.

Last edited:
i am from long island taking delivery at manhesset i was told my car was on truck and would come in the 17th i wasnt told there was a delay yet i am going to call tommorow and see what is going on when was your delivery day

Keep us updated on what you hear! I'm midwest and my delivery date is the 27th (earliest available for me), which is strangely much later than everyone else I've seen post lately that's nearby. I called today and the only info I was given was that the car was estimated to arrive on the 23rd.

Thank you for the update. More info then what my SA has said to date.

Got this text message today, "Hi Gene! Cariann with Tesla. I just wanted to give you an update on your Tesla! We are still waiting for a vin number to get assigned to you but we should see that happen very soon! Hopefully in the next week or two!! Let me know if you have any questions at all before your car arrives and feel free to call me at 801-596-4620!"

I thought it was to say it was here, better to hear anything I guess.

Delivery set for Dec 14th...Wohooo

Order P3D+
Blue/black - No FSD
Order date - 11/15
Vin date - 12/8 (In source code)
Delivery date - 11/14
Location - Seattle, WA
Lucky! I ordered the same config on 10/19 and I'm still waiting for VIN in source.

California deliveries are happening with P3D+. This was at the delivery center in Rocklin, CA. SA said as soon as they were unloaded, the owners were already there to pick them up. View attachment 486871
/looks for Blue P3D in pic; none found

Damn :(