Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we're waiting...anybody else gonna need winter tires within minutes of delivery?

The Tesla 20" ones are really expensive, and plus I don't think it's best to drive on 20" wheels in snowy/icy conditions any way.

I also looked at the 18" T Sportlines and they're ok, I just really don't like their logo on the wheel. Is that silly of me? Yes. Will I change my mind? Probably not.

Any recommendations from my fellow waiting roomers?

SA just texted me
Looks great! Exactly what I plan to do as well.
SA text me, said "Good morning! we're still waiting on cars, you will automatically get matched with a VIN, you should received it by year end"
2 things with that.

1. I KNOW i'll get it by year end.
2. That text told me nothing new.

(*tells myself: it'll be okay.. it'll be okay, you'll get it eventually.. patience.. get back to work.. focus on other things...*)

While we're waiting...anybody else gonna need winter tires within minutes of delivery?

The Tesla 20" ones are really expensive, and plus I don't think it's best to drive on 20" wheels in snowy/icy conditions any way.

I also looked at the 18" T Sportlines and they're ok, I just really don't like their logo on the wheel. Is that silly of me? Yes. Will I change my mind? Probably not.

Any recommendations from my fellow waiting roomers?
Us CA people don't see snow so no.

Out of curiosity, what are people paying for the tint/chrome delete process, and do you use the same vendor to do both? I've had the same tint guy for 15+ years, but I don't think he does the chrome delete.. .

I'm planning on doing the chrome delete myself. Bought the Teslabros kit. Theres a bunch of youtube tutorials on how to do it. Doesn't look difficult at all, just time consuming.

Perhaps spread some hope for CA on Friday (Bay Area)

Black/White P3D w/ FSD
Ordered 12/1
VIN in source today (12/13)
No delivery date yet but it's something!
JOIN DATE WEDNESDAY?! FIRST POST? POST PROOF PLZ TO TRULY GIVE US HOPE. SOME OF US HAVE BEEN WAITING 5184000 SECONDS, 86400 MINUTES. 1440 HOURS, 60 DAYS, 8 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS OR 17% OF 2019. GIVE US HOPE.

Color me skeptical

Lol - I should have known better - just trying to let folks know that there are VINs being assigned in CA - I actually wasn't even looking at this car - was ready to buy an M340i but saw something about the P3D in my research and thought I should at least look - went to drive one over Thanksgiving weekend and decided I was willing to put $100 down on an option - the more I thought about it I decided it was the right choice for now, so found this forum and have been watching very day this week like the rest of you. Perhaps I just got lucky but still no delivery date - the SA indicated to me over Thanksgiving that he was pretty confident I'd get the car in 2-4 weeks so I guess I didn't realize how long others had been waiting until I came to this site!

Anyway best of luck to everyone on getting their cars - I just thought it would be helpful to know that CA VINs are not a unicorn...

Called my DS, they pinged my car and I was hoping and praying that it would be closer but alas, it sits in New Mexico... still tracking for same delivery date of 12/21 in Tampa. If anyone in here is from New Mexico keep an eye out!

Separately, anyone have any reservations on tint? It seems there’s a chance, albeit minor, that the glass could break in the right conditions with sun coverage - seems to be a thing with these cars..?

Reactions: GuppyDriver
Lol - I should have known better - just trying to let folks know that there are VINs being assigned in CA - I actually wasn't even looking at this car - was ready to buy an M340i but saw something about the P3D in my research and thought I should at least look - went to drive one over Thanksgiving weekend and decided I was willing to put $100 down on an option - the more I thought about it I decided it was the right choice for now, so found this forum and have been watching very day this week like the rest of you. Perhaps I just got lucky but still no delivery date - the SA indicated to me over Thanksgiving that he was pretty confident I'd get the car in 2-4 weeks so I guess I didn't realize how long others had been waiting until I came to this site!

Anyway best of luck to everyone on getting their cars - I just thought it would be helpful to know that CA VINs are not a unicorn...
When you initially signed up for this forum... bet you didn't expect to see a bunch of grown men and women (mostly men) constantly cry in agonizing pain did ya? ;)

Last edited: