Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know what it is about P3D owners, but the lot of you are awesome and I enjoy my time here in this thread. I bought an SR+, though, because I'm poor. But deep down inside I wanted a P3D+. Thanks for being awesome and welcoming a pleb such as myself into your thread. Definitely made the wait that much better, being able to troll and have a good time. P3D Waiting Room is definitely where the party is at.

If you wait til you can afford it, you’ll never get it my man!!

Congrats on the new wheels : )

View attachment 488247 I still don’t have a vin (checked the source code this am), but the delivery estimate disappeared from the manage my account page. Does this mean I’m getting a car soon?

Ordered 10/15, SF Bay Area

Reached out to my SA, and this was his response.

I ordered mines on 9/30 P3D, white/black. no vins, no text, no emails yet. I think I should be picking up from Dublin CA too.

Reactions: SaloonGoon
Looks like my truck is also getting in early. Original delivery date was the 19th, but SA just bumped me up to either Monday (16th), the day the truck is now slated to arrive, Or Tuesday if it gets in late. Dedham, MA.
yes, truck should be in around DEC 16-17 : )
Do you plan to replace sport tires with winter tires? I've been told that sport tiles will be ruined under 20F.

Last edited:
Ugh that’s mine too. Jelly. How was pickup? Any issues with the car in terms of paint or anything else? What’s the pickup process like?

haha it was funny, if youre in AZ the scottsdale delivery location is a disaster, looks like inside like they just moved in yesterday and complete chaos. It was great though, in and out in 30 minutes. Checked car and its perfect. Just brought a check and signed like 2 pages of stuff and they basically showed me how to unlock the door and off i was

Got an email from the delivery manager about “Final Tesla Delivery Preparation”. GIMME MY CAR.
Received the same email. Give me my car Jason!! :D:p

I don't know what it is about P3D owners, but the lot of you are awesome and I enjoy my time here in this thread. I bought an SR+, though, because I'm poor. But deep down inside I wanted a P3D+. Thanks for being awesome and welcoming a pleb such as myself into your thread. Definitely made the wait that much better, being able to troll and have a good time. P3D Waiting Room is definitely where the party is at.
IMO, anyone that can afford a new Tesla, regardless of model or trim level, is doing something right (financially) and would hardly call ‘em poor. :)

What kind of delivery window do they allow you lately? Do they say you must pick up your car tomorrow or someone else gets it;), or do they allow you a few days to arrange a time? I guess I'm stressin' a bit trying to figure out how to arrange a bunch of holiday plans around an unknown delivery ETA. Life can be so cruel at times :D

That what I've been told, truck should be in around DEC 16-17 : )
Do you plan to replace sport tires with winter tires? I've been told that sport tiles will be ruined under 20F.

Yes I’ve been told the same. I’ve also been told 20” wheels are not the best idea, so I’m most likely gonna get 18” wheels+ winter tires. Here’s a great resource for some compatible wheels:

List of 18" wheels for P3D+

I’m probably gonna get the 18” T sportlines with winter tires

What kind of delivery window do they allow you lately? Do they say you must pick up your car tomorrow or someone else gets it;), or do they allow you a few days to arrange a time? I guess I'm stressin' a bit trying to figure out how to arrange a bunch of holiday plans around an unknown delivery ETA. Life can be so cruel at times :D
At this point I expect them to call and ask why I’m not there signing papers. We need to treat this like the opening of the new Star Wars movie and camp out at Tesla.

So my payment/approved financing information disappeared from my account. I called my SA and he told me that as Tesla is migrating from Salesforce to their own CRM systems, a lot of customer information is being lost in the process. They called me agin in a few minutes saying they had it fixed and my SA called me and gave me my VIN!!!. The car is still being made but for (Seattle) peeps, I expect to get a delivery call in the next few days. Looks like a (white) Christmas :). The University Village team has been great to work with.

Took delivery in Denver today!

Attachments

• 59CEEB97-3DFF-4FF0-9514-A6541222A232.jpeg
    59CEEB97-3DFF-4FF0-9514-A6541222A232.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 73